What was your worst month ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your worst month ever?

I am in the planning stages of my brewery. I plan to have a tasting room to get some cash flow as well as sell kegs and growlers. As soon as possible after getting comfortable, I plan to bottle and self distribute. The tasting room won't have a full kitchen. We will probably sell a variety hot dogs and hot pretzels.

I am trying to get some idea of how much my sales will be. I want to be prepared for the worst months. So this is why I ask what your worst month ever was as far as gross receipts. What is the fewest number of customers you have had in any given day since you opened?

Thanks for the info.

Rich

Prepare for zero. Make sure you have a plan for when it is that number. How are you going to drive customers thru your door?

Comment

Thanks, but I was looking for actual experience. Are you saying you had a month when you were open when not one customer came in the door?

Comment

Originally posted by I H8 UM
        Thanks, but I was looking for actual experience. Are you saying you had a month when you were open when not one customer came in the door?
        We have had months when "a few" customers came through the door but it was not enough to pay for that month's bills.
        We have had days, way in the past, when not one customer came in all day. Those are scary times.

Prost!
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Historically the months of December through February have been our slowest, we get a spike around New Years but other than that compared to the summer we are usually down almost 60-100bbl per month. I know you say that you want real experiences but like others have said if your just starting out plan for zero at times.

Comment

This is a question that just breeds questions, but some of the other posters are right, expect zero, as it's a realistic number if for example:
            Your labels dont show up
            boxes " "
            bottles " "
            It's your first month of business.
            Boiler breaks down

etc etc.

Also, are you a one trick pony, brewing one style of beer and not well at that, or do you brew your best beers when it would traditionally be dead (january - late february) and hold plenty of special events to offset the lack of business?

My goal was always to make enough from the store front each month to cover the rent. That way we at least had a roof over our heads.

Comment

Hey Chris!

Burleybeer, your inbox is full! Please clean it up so I can respond to your query.
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Done! Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X