Commercial Extract Brewers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Extract Brewers?

Just started on a 7bbl extract system and have typically done all grain before. Wondering if there are any other commercial extract system users that would like to make friends. I would really appreciate any pointers or just to know where all of you are so maybe I can visit and sample product some time.
    Rich White
    Head Brewer
    Syracuse Suds Factory
    Syracuse, NY USA
    richwhite@sudsfactory.com
    315-956-4589

Buffalo Brewpub in Williamsville is an Extract System. There was also one in Foxboro PA on the Allegheny, not sure if it still there.
    Jim Brown, Owner
    Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
    3440 Win Kae Place
    Bay City, MI 48706
    989-233-2221

Comment

Commerical Extract Brewers

There was an article in a recent BYO or Zymurgy focusing on this subject and included 3-5 commercial extract brewers.

Article on same: http://www.brewingtechniques.com/lib...outterson.html

Bob Hanson at Briess Malting ran a commercial extract brewhouse and could probably provide a list for you.

Mark
      http://www.hiddenwellbrewery.com

Comment

Extract brewpubs/tasting rooms

Just wanted to bump this old thread to see if anyone knows of any brewpubs/tasting rooms that brew commercially with malt extract. With the high quality and diversity of DME and LME now from suppliers it would seem that a small brewpub could make some good beer with extract plus specialty grains these days. Brewing extract would require a smaller brewhouse foot print and definitely make for a shorter brewday. Anyone know of any such breweries using extract instead of mashing grain?

Thanks!
        Last edited by Catfish002; 06-18-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Simple Malt Extract brewery - Czech Republic

Hello,

we are a small brewery in Czech Republic near Pilsen (the city of beer). We produce beer from malt extract sice 2015.

We use a simple technology of Czech producer the Czech Brewery System : The brew system BREWORX LITE-ECO

Our experiences are very good. We produce 15 beer types. Nobody tell us the beer has different taste than beer produced from malt. We save much energy, water and human work using the simple system. Owner of the brewery can brew beer himself without any professional brew master.

Alex, Strachovice Brewery, Czech Republic
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pohodak; 07-20-2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Bayside brewing & tracks brewpub

I can think of two currently active brewpubs in southern Ontario, Canada that use extract.

One is Tracks Brewpub in Brampton, Ontario (my hometown). They have been open since the early 90s. Only two or three offerings, lots of other macro beer on tap.

The second is Bayside Brewing in Erieua, Ontario (near Lake Eric/Windsor). They have been open 5-6 years now. Not a bad spot. A lot of options in terms of styles.

I'd get in touch with these folks for advice.

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Thanks y’all for the replies and info. Might have to look more into extract!

Comment

Working...
              X