No announcement yet.

Advice for Chinese-imported equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have direct or personal contact brewing on Pacific Brewery System Technologies equipment? specifics would be great PM if you like. much thanks for your time.

Comment

PBST Contact

I acquired a couple of 7BBL FV's from Matt Cutter at Upslope Brewing in Boulder, CO about a year ago - Matt dealt first-hand with Frank, so I'd check in with him. At the time I worked with Matt, he had nothing but good things to say and was replacing the 7's with 30's also from Frank. Return customer says something positive, right?

Comment

I bought a PBS 30 bbl FV last year. Tank is fine, very close to predicted time frame. Communication was fair.

The only real complaint I have comes from more of a lack of attention to details. The brand new sample port leaks, the rotating sprayball was cheap and locked up. They sent a replacement that was ordered from McMaster Carr and was threaded not cotter pin. Oh well, we did save some money but not that much when all was said and done.
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Jinan Shendong Equipment Technology Co., Ltd

Hi Paul,

I don't have any experience with the company you have listed. I know of them but they are one of many companies in China. I can share a bit of general advice with you if you would like. Just shoot me an email.

Cheers!
          Mike Jordan
          Brewmaster
          Boxing Cat Brewery
          Shanghai, P.R. China
          michael@boxingcatbrewery.com

Comment

Mike, I will shoot you an email. I am helping a group open a brewery in Burbank, CA. I received bids from lots of North American builders, including PBST. My partners are now trying to get lower bids from China.
            This one is providing a quote for us: Zhongde Equipment Co., Jinan, Shandong

Paul, it is in Jinan City, so I wonder if it is related with your company.

thanks for the info
            Mike Lanzarotta
            Commercial Real Estate Broker
            finding space for breweries in Southern California
            former owner and brewer, Crown City Brewery, Pasadena CA

Comment

Having a low bid is great. But remember, if they engineered the equipment, it is very likely going to be difficult to use here.

What you need is to know exactly what you want from your brewery...design it from scratch...or at least develop it from what you are familiar with.

Then look for bids. Otherwise you may be comparing cucumbers to oranges, and cucumber juice isn't what you're after.

This is the only way I've had any success with going direct to China. This is pretty much what the USA and EU manufacturers using Chinese equipment do. They cost more because they are taking care of the inspection, brokerage, shipping, and final outfitting for you. As well as the initial design.

Factor in a couple of trips overseas to supervise the build and inspect for quality issues or mistakes before they ship it. Get all your pumps and electrical at home.

Jinan has several stainless manufacturers that can build breweries. Also Ningbo. I have had some luck with Ningbo HGM Food Machinery in the past.

Happy to help you if you need it

Comment

Working...
              X