No announcement yet.

Growler filling equipment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just a beer gun? I believe the bulk of the oxygen pick up relates to the first event of beer traveling down an air-filled tube and splashing onto the bottom of the bottle. ( I could be mistaken...) It is also true that a little quantity of air will be less noticable in a larger size package (!). Also add in that the damage from air in a package is more accelerated when the package is not kep cold.
    So I am thinking that with a reasonably quiet fill in a non-purged nor counter-pressured large growler that will be likely kept cold and if anything, left partially consumed with air in it while the customer sleeps off the first dose...that all this effort may be less than cost-effective.

Comment

Yeah Matt filling that way seems a bit silly now! Don't worry, you're still pretty!

Moonlight has a great suggestion w/ the beergun. We use them to fill our bottle conditioned 750's, we can bang out 8-10 bbls in 8-9hrs with two guns going. And they do purge, which makes them pretty sweet. I've only used them a bit for carbonated beer, but it's a pretty nice little package for $85. Or if you have $18k lying around like brewers in Philly seem to, just get one of the Gruber fillers!
      Geoff DeBisschop
      Evolution Craft Brewing Company
      Delmar, DE

Comment

PEGAS growler filler

Check out this growler filler:

They have a rep in the US, and will be at the craft beer show in San Francisco. Unit costs $1,700. Love to hear feedback from anyone using it in North America. If video is anything to go by, almost no foaming or beer loss.

cheers,
        Daniel ADDEY JIBB
        Microbrasserie Le Castor
        Organic Ales - Bières Biologiques
        Rigaud, Quebec, CAN

Comment

Eastern Europe...

Saw 'em at CBC....look better than a faucet fill, but are still a bit tough to clean and require some operator attention and training. I'd say they are worth the asking price, ymmv
          Larry Horwitz

Comment

Working...
          X