Neal H. Knapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal H. Knapp

I'm starting up a brewpub in Texas and I'm shopping around for equipment. Anyone have any good/bad reviews of Neal H. Knapp's brewing equipment? Their sales team's customer service is top notch but I can't seem to find anything on their equipment.

Thanks!

Bobby
    Armadillo Ale Works

Originally posted by 104bob
    I'm starting up a brewpub in Texas and I'm shopping around for equipment. Anyone have any good/bad reviews of Neal H. Knapp's brewing equipment? Their sales team's customer service is top notch but I can't seem to find anything on their equipment.

Thanks!

Bobby
    Armadillo Ale Works

Sorry, I never heart of them

Comment

I have no experience with them or their equipment. I am in the process of doing the same thing in looking to buy used brewing equipment for our microbrewery. Maybe someone else here can comment. This looks like their website based on the information you state Bobby. I would be interested to hear others feedback if it exists. Good Luck!!

Mike

http://www.nealhknapp.com/Default.aspx
      Mike Sulyi
      BillyGoat Brewing Company
      mike@billygoatbrewingco.com
      www.billygoatbrewingco.com

Comment

Neal h knapp

Bobby,
        I am working with Neal h knapp. Call me if you want more info.

Scott
        Adelbert's brewery
        512-568-1462

Comment

That's the first mention of them I've encountered. Have you asked them for references from happy customers?

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

I would be interested in this information as well as I'm about to go through this process.

Thanks,
            Conor

Comment

Probably doesn't help you much but I submitted something through their online request form a month or more ago. Never got a response. I never tried to call them though as I found what I needed somewhere else in the meantime.

In general it seems to be very difficult to get in touch with equipment suppliers these days. I know there are a lot of "looky lou's" out there taking up a bunch of the manufacturers time with price quote requests for which they never intend to buy, but for those of us that are funded and ready to go, it's getting a bit frustrating that hardly anyone seems to want my business....

Good Luck.
              Scott LaFollette
              Fifty West Brewing Company
              Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Fermenters

I bought two 3 BBL conical fermenters from them and I am really happy with them.
                Call them-they are busy.

Comment

Pictures

Do you have any pictures of the insides of your fermenters? Mine came in and the interior welds look terrible. I started up another thread about it and I am currently dealing with Knapp and trying to get the situation fixed. How are yours holding up?

cheers,

Originally posted by otsegobrewer
                  I bought two 3 BBL conical fermenters from them and I am really happy with them.
                  Call them-they are busy.
                  Kaskaskia Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by KaskaskiaBrew View Post
                    Do you have any pictures of the insides of your fermenters? Mine came in and the interior welds look terrible. I started up another thread about it and I am currently dealing with Knapp and trying to get the situation fixed. How are yours holding up?

cheers,
                    Jared,
                    Did you ever get this resolved with neal knapp?

Comment

Yeah I did get it resolved and although it took a few months to get everything taken care of, they stood by their products. In the beginning, we ordered 2 3bbl fermenters and 2 3bbl brite tanks. The outside of the tanks had some dents in them and the interior welds on the fermenters were undercut in some areas and not polished down in other areas. After talking with Knapp for a while, they ended up sending us 2 brand new fermenters and 2 brand new brite tanks for free and the interior of these tanks is 100x better than the other tanks. They do everything they are supposed to do so I'm very happy with them. With the new tanks there are only a few things that I would change or fix. First, the tanks don't come with pressure relief valves and all the necessary fittings so expect to shell out another 200 for miscellaneous tri-clamp fittings per tank. Second, the thermometer is a threaded fitting and can't be taken apart so you have to use the sample port fitting to put a longer thermowell to control the glycol temps. Third, most of the valves that came with the tanks leak so we're replacing all of the valve seals. I wouldn't blame Knapp for this one but they are crappy Chinese valves. Last, the only other thing we had to do when we first got the tanks was to scrub the insides down before acid washing it because there was some sort of black grease on the insides that refused to come off with typical cleaning.

Overall though I'm happy with how things worked out and I'd do business with them again. The first tanks were really bad but according to Knapp, they were shipped out without them being able to inspect the tanks which is why they were so bad. They ended up fixing the problem which was good enough for me. Knapp is basically a middleman like most of the suppliers it seems like. They buy the tanks from China and most of the time don't even touch them before you get them. They take care of the language barrier stuff and at the end of the day, they are responsible when crap hits the fan.

That being said, when I go to add more tanks to the brewery, I will most likely try to find a USA builder first because it's really hard to guarantee my tanks will come in exactly as promised when they come from China. I am going to try my best to buy USA made tanks but there are only a few people who actually build the tanks in the US and those people often charge quite a premium. I have actually designed my own tanks and am currently working with a local manufacturing company to see if I could build my own tanks for cheaper than buying them from a supplier so if that works out I may go that route. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to buy more tanks from China and pray they come in looking good.

Hope this helps.
                      Kaskaskia Brewing Company

Comment

Working...
                      X