equipment suppliers to avoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equipment suppliers to avoid?

I am in the process of pricing new brewing equipment for a small brewery. I have made contact with several of the usual suppliers. My question is:
    Are there suppliers that I should avoid? If so, which and why?

The LAST thing I want to do is buy sub-standard equipment.

Thanks all!

Do searches on specific suppliers, you will find what you are looking for, or in the case of some you may not.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

We need a "These suppliers totally suck" thread.
      Cheers!
      David R. Pierce

Comment

Fortunately within this tight-knit industry there are very few terd suppliers, at least as far as I have encountered. When one surfaces, it is communicated well.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

my problem with stuff like this is that so much of it is subjective. I know there are some that consistently have a bad reputation for customer service/follow up, but for the most part the industry polices itself.

I would just suggest that you stick with the most reputable companies or you run the risk of being disappointed with the items or service you recieve and have no one else to blame but yourself. these companies are all over the forums and while some of them may offer something significantly cheaper than others, the offsetting lack of customer service may make you regret your decision.
          if it looks like s#!t and smells like s#!t, it probably tastes like s#!t.
          www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.
            I absolutely agree that the responses to my question will be subjective. I am prepared to take them with a grain of salt. If the experience was good, then Supplier X is the "best ever" and conversely if the experience was bad, then Supplier Y is the "worst ever". I get that.
            Still, with so many suppliers to choose from, I would certainly appreciate input from those that have gone before me. If several posts go up because a certain supplier has terrible with service, or the BK leaked, or delivered way late, etc then I at least know what I'm getting into.
            My hope (pipedream?) is to purchase equipment at a fair price, that works as advertised, is delivered on time, and the staff answers the phone when you call with questions or concerns. I want to help weed out the bad apples before I invest too much time/effort getting info and quotes from them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewPuppy
              Thanks for the replies so far.
              I absolutely agree that the responses to my question will be subjective. I am prepared to take them with a grain of salt. If the experience was good, then Supplier X is the "best ever" and conversely if the experience was bad, then Supplier Y is the "worst ever". I get that.
              Still, with so many suppliers to choose from, I would certainly appreciate input from those that have gone before me. If several posts go up because a certain supplier has terrible with service, or the BK leaked, or delivered way late, etc then I at least know what I'm getting into.
              My hope (pipedream?) is to purchase equipment at a fair price, that works as advertised, is delivered on time, and the staff answers the phone when you call with questions or concerns. I want to help weed out the bad apples before I invest too much time/effort getting info and quotes from them.
              just for starters, search: St. Pats of Texas and G.W.Kent
              www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

On the positive side...

Highly recommend Premier Stainless (bought both Keg Washer and Tanks). Rob has been great to deal with and delivers what was promised. I haven't had any problems with Kent but only have done small orders through them (ie fittings, hoses, etc.). Also if you need any gaskets Brewery Gaskets are great to deal with.

cheers,

Dave
                David Schlosser
                Brewmaster / Founder
                Naked Dove Brewing Company
                Canandaigua, NY

Comment

Working...
                X