Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.W. Kent Fermenters

Hello Forum Members,

I am looking for comments, both positive and negative, regarding the design, fabrication, lead-time, and integrity of the fermentation vessels made by G.W. Kent. Any comments are warmly welcome, either public or private.

Regards,
    Todd Malloy
    Director of Brewing
    Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
    Glenwood Springs, Colorado

I have a 20 bbl and it is very nice. I don't like the DIN fitting for the racking arm, but some brewers do and maybe I am just less skilled. The poorly-attached handle broke off the racking arm and I had to have it re-welded.

Comment

I have a racking arm purchase from GW KENT that I used on my kettle for pulling from above the trub pile... and... like Brian says... it broke off within a few weeks... had to have it rewelded... Interesting.

Comment

Needing a 20bbl ferm and was wondering the same thing about GW, any more input out there

Comment

Well, I don't want to seem like a broken record but you get what you pay for.
          I am and have always been an advocate of purchasing North American products. Recently i received a quote for some fermenters from both a Chinese manufacturer and an American manufacturer and pricing was relatively similar. Obviously the Chinese manufacturer was cheaper however not by that much!! And from some of the disturbing stories I have been told, I happily paid slightly more for the ease of mind.....shop around as there are many companies here that are becoming very competitive now!

Comment

We purchased a 15 bbl FV 6 months ago because they had it in stock with NO LEAD TIME and we needed it in a hurry! To date we have experienced no problems and in fact it seems to crash much quicker than the 5 Specific mechanical 20 bbl units we have. As a matter of fact, I am mailing a check for 35K for 2 new 30 bbl FV's today which we will take delivery of next week.

The only down side is the fact that the port for the sample cock is on the 60 degree cone and because it is on an angle, it requires a bit of special attention while cleaning. However, if that is the only downside, I will keep buying them.

Chris McKim
            The Brew Kettle
            Strongsville, Ohio

Comment

Working...
            X