Mobile device support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile device support

Admin, any chance the forums could be setup to support some of the android/iPhone/iPad/iPod apps?
    ~Phil

That would be awesome....especially for android

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeiisneaks
      Admin, any chance the forums could be setup to support some of the android/iPhone/iPad/iPod apps?

Yea... so what of it?

BTW - I now run dolphin browser too, on a rooted Epic w/ custom ROM and overclock kernel.
      Last edited by Jephro; 03-24-2011, 02:52 PM.
      Jeff Byrne

Comment

How does installing a different web browser on the android phone equal a special app just for browsing forums? I have an android phone, and it already has a browser, plus I have firefox mobile on it. But I have an Ipad too, and I'd like to use an app more devoted to just getting the data, like Forum runner, touchBB forum Browser, Vbulletin Mobile, etc. Homebrewtalk has an app for it now, on iPhone and android, pretty slick and more lightweight, focused on only representing the forums.
        ~Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeiisneaks
          How does installing a different web browser on the android phone equal a special app just for browsing forums? I have an android phone, and it already has a browser, plus I have firefox mobile on it. But I have an Ipad too, and I'd like to use an app more devoted to just getting the data, like Forum runner, touchBB forum Browser, Vbulletin Mobile, etc. Homebrewtalk has an app for it now, on iPhone and android, pretty slick and more lightweight, focused on only representing the forums.
          I was just jabbing back at David

I totally agree you Phil, i'd love to have an app that i could view & post directly to probrewer w/o a browser. I suspect that since this is technically a commerce site and hosting fees are paid by ad revenue, the fact that ads would not show up in most or all of the apps would present quite a hurtle to probrewer's operator (just a guess as i cannot see any security risk from such apps.)

DolphinHD is much better (& free) than the stock browser or firefox mobile IMO, however there is an app called tapatalk for Android OS that is suppose to play well with vBulliten based forums.

- as not to stray too far off topic (or off forum)... i would suggest you check out xdadevelopers if you have the geek gene like me and want to get the most out of your smart phone. Android is open source! & the supreme court actually ruled you CAN root (aka jailbreak or hack) your phone. -Take that Steve Jobs

Still waiting for a really good brewing app, someone a while back was poking around here with the idea of creating one.
          Last edited by Jephro; 03-24-2011, 06:21 PM.
          Jeff Byrne

Comment

So will there be a way of viewing this forum via Android/iPhone any time soon? There are many mobile apps supporting vBulletin and if I am not mistaken it is just a small add-on to vBulletin to enable this support.

thanks
            j

Comment

Rss

I use the rss feed with mobilerss on my iPad or with the news widget on my Droid. URL below:

Comment

Originally posted by EMBC
                I use the rss feed with mobilerss on my iPad or with the news widget on my Droid. URL below:

http://www.probrewer.com/vbulletin/e....php?type=rss2
                While I agree this is a great way to read the data, as far as I know, no RSS feed tool allows replies to bulletin boards. I'm more referring to being a full interactive client with access to post, reply etc. as well as read.
                ~Phil

Comment

Working...
                X