No announcement yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it doesn't appear to enter the tank, but beer comes out when the tank is filled, it occurred to me that it could be a homemade carbonation port. Old Schleuter systems used a just tiny single pinhole to carbonate, and perhaps there is a pinhole-sized hole inside for carbonation. However, I would have expected it to be low on the tank if so. So if you put a water line on the outside, where does the water show up inside?

Comment

overflow safety?

overflow safety?

Comment

Thanks for all those replies.

Originally Posted by el_mocoso
        I believe that is where you put the weed.

Above definitely the most humorous.

I'll put some water through from the outside and post results. I'll definitely try to get a hold of BBT and put this one to rest.

Comment

My Guess...

As Liam suggested, looks an awful lot like a triclamp version of something like this-here liner system for brite tanks, wherein you regulate and seemingly pressurize the bag with air through a port similar to the one you pictured. Particularly the first photo on the website:

Couldn't find any good close-ups here, but similar:

Suppose it doesn't really matter so long as you figured out how to deal with it. And, more importantly, keep it clean and from leaking beer. Did you? Assuming these were used tanks then, eh? Another thought: if that "pinhole" actually does run into the bottom inside of the tank, then it'd provide some means of knowing if the bag had split too...
          Last edited by NinkasiSwain; 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X