Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room for fermenters

Hi all,
    Maybe stupid quest, but are there really big advantages to have separated room for fermenters(cct and bbt, no open fermenters)?
    I'll have fermenters right next to brewhouse and maybe building a wall and doors would be just waisting money...

Is there any reason you are thinking you should have them in separate rooms? If they are not open fermenters I see no reason why you would make things more complicated but I have no idea what your set up is.

Comment

I'd keep them separated from your milling area, but that's about it. Stick your kettle, mash tun, etc. between your mill and your fermenters.

Comment

Only other reasons I could think of are temperature control/energy efficiency and - as applicable to your setup - future expansion plans. But assuming you've got reasonable, efficient temp control of any sort on individual fermenters, maybe there's not appreciable enough warming effect from radiant heat off your brewhouse to justify walling your fermenters off.

Comment

ok, thanx for input. I was just checking if I am missing something here.
          cheers

Comment

Working...
          X