Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speigel Braumeister

Has anyone seen this braumeister?

The 200L Braumeister Pro is a small commercial all-in-one, electric all-grain brewing system. Easy to use you programmable interface with videos and instructions available. Beautiful German construction.

It looks like in reality it could produce about 1.5 bbl at a time, it is rated at 200l finished beer. I believe it is new to this country but looks interesting for a nano/add a house beer to a restaurant option.

I can see a couple of drawbacks but am interested to get other points of view. Seems like it would start with a pretty thin mash and brew a high gravity batch that was suitable for liquoring back. It would be challenging to brew multiple batches in a day since you could not mash batch two while boiling one. You also could not acidify your sparge water since there is no sparge.

Any thoughts?

pricey...

It also costs 14,500 (without shipping). For that much money you could put together a nano system that would run laps around it...and still have money for fermentation (which isn't included)...
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

braumeister pricing

Agreed, Braumeister is spendy and does not have fermentation capacity. I would ferment in plastic conicals early on. The attraction for me was the electric angle. I have also priced franken systems but you have to consider ventilation and fire suppression in a direct fired system with open flame.

Putting a ventilation hood with an ansul system over your 1.5bbl direct fire system could add as much as $10k to a project. Even if you find a decent used hood/fan/ansul setup you have to have it professionally installed. I think with the electric setup you could get away with a ventilation fan only.

How many nano folks are electric vs. direct fired? I know at least one brewer I have talked with is electric, perhaps more are?

Comment

Working...
      X