new brew house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new brew house

We are shopping for a 30 bbl. production brew house. Thinking 3 vessel; mash, lauter, and kettle (of course all the misc stuff to make it work). Has anyone had any experience with gea huppmann's compact-star line? What other manufacturers would you recommend? Thanks.

search

This topic is so subjective and been talked about extensively on the forum. Do a search and you will find a lot of info...but i would highly recommend Premier Stainless out of Southern Cali.

Comment

gea huppmann compact-star

Yeah, I know how subjective the best brew house manufacturer topic is, so let me rephrase because a search showed no results. Does anyone have any experience with gea huppmann's compact-star line of brew houses?

Comment

Equipment

For a brewhouse:

I installed a 30 HL used system in Spokane WA. I made minor adjustments and brewed 30 BBL on that system.

Durable
        Easy to use
        Milled False Bottom
        Sight glasses on Lauter, Kettle, and Hot tank

NSI was responsive and supplied many of the little things we needed to make an old system run like new.

Good System
        Great service

Graydon Brown
        live2brew@yahoo.com

Comment

Also would recommend Braukon as a competiive german manufacturer

Comment

Gea Is new to the craft/micro brewery scene. (about 3 years ago they would not look at us for a 65hl brewhouse.) They are very reputable as far as big brewhouses go.

If you purchase from GEA and are very specific on your needs, you should have a brewhouse second to none.

1 Thing to look out for is who is actually constructing the equipment.

A lot of companies now are subcontracting there work.

Another big name getting into smaller brewhouses is Krones/Steinecker.

Comment

custom metal craft

I think you should contact Mike Bither at Custom Metalcraft <mikeb@custom-metalcraft.com>.

Solid folks. They built our 30 BBL system.
              Jeff Schrag
              Mother's Brewing Co.
              Springfield, Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Graydon
                For a brewhouse:

I installed a 30 HL used system in Spokane WA. I made minor adjustments and brewed 30 BBL on that system.
                Is NSI still in production? I e-mailed a quote request at the end of July and have not heard back. In addition, I have heard from a few brewers that they are having some issues with producing the equipment. Anyone have any more information?

Comment

Nsi

Still operating! YES

1-877-855-4890 Toll Free

Graydon Brown

Comment

As a word of caution about NSI. A friend of mine lost $100k through one of their overseas reps who went bankrupt before passing on the deposit. Lost the lot.

Make sure you deal directly with the supplier - painful lesson learnt the hard way.

Comment

hear say

The number for NSI is a direct free number. I have no direct ties to NSI except they did a great job for us at Golden Hills.

Graydon

Comment

Newlands Systems has always been good to us. We have bought dozens of tanks and a new brewhouse through them, and I can't say enough good things about them. Others results may vary, I guess.

DME equipment is also well made. And I have seen well made equipment from Rob at Premier Stainless.
                        Linus Hall
                        Yazoo Brewing
                        Nashville, TN
                        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

I would recommend Specific Mechanical. I have put together a couple of their breweries and they are very well built and affordable. They have done some mash/kettles that are very interesting regarding higher production throughput and incremental expandability. Also wanted to suggest you consider a dedicated whirlpool. Having the forth vessel in the brewhouse will really increase your efficiency when you do multiple brews and it helps take the top end of the heat off the batch which saves cooling energy and speeds up knock out time. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X