Most reliable forklift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most reliable forklift?

I'm looking for a used forklift, @ a 2.5 - 3 ton electric, and wonder which you've been satisfied with.

I've had a lot of experience with Yale and know I don't want to go there.

Toyota maybe?

I've used electric Toyotas in a couple of places, dead easy to use and they can cop quite a beating. Regular servicing is definitely recommended, but then that's the same with any fork.

Comment

Originally posted by kai
      I've used electric Toyotas in a couple of places, dead easy to use and they can cop quite a beating. Regular servicing is definitely recommended, but then that's the same with any fork.
      Thanks!

Not a lot of folks with forklift experience here!

Comment

We've had our Toyota 7FBEU18 w/solid tires for over ten years now. It's been very reliable and requires very little maintenance. We've had to have one drive motor replaced, the seals on the rear steering pintle replaced and I've replaced--likely due to using it off-pavement--some of the hydraulic lines on the mast, but otherwise just annual maintenance by a forklift tech, regular greasing and keeping the battery water up.

Keep one of these on hard surfaces and it will last you a lifetime. Be aware that it isn't for use on rough or irregular surfaces, like our gravel driveway.

The dedicated charger is very large--about 3' cube--and requires 3-phase power. It's multi-Voltage--220, 230, 440, 480--so should be compatible with whatever you have.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

I have used Toyota, Mitsubishi, Hyster, Doosan, Mahindra, Hemmech (sp?), and at least 3-4 more I can't recall off the top. All have been just great when treated with respect. Even those that were severely abused were able to return to service with some reasonable maintenance. Most have been built to use hard, as long as its within the capacity ratings.

With that said, hands down Crown has been my preferred unit every time. I have used at least a handful of these and they always just "feel" better. Smoother movements and controls, which does in fact help.

The most important factors, IMHO, are the cost, ability to source maintenance/parts, and the number of total hours on the unit.

Comment

If you are working in tight spaces with only concrete or tile floors consider a reach truck. We have one and it's much better for tight spaces and has a lot of benefits over a sit down forklift. ours is a 98 Raymond and we love it

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
              If you are working in tight spaces with only concrete or tile floors consider a reach truck. We have one and it's much better for tight spaces and has a lot of benefits over a sit down forklift. ours is a 98 Raymond and we love it
              The Raymond is a good forklift to be sure. You might be able to find one in stock at https://chariotgcs.com/en/.

Comment

Working...
              X