Boiler recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler recommendations.

Our old sectional Weil McLain has bit the dust. Looking for something other than a sectional boiler. Designs and name brands are welcome. Thanks
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

what size?

Pax.

Liam
    Liam McKenna
    www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrewinLou
      Our old sectional Weil McLain has bit the dust. Looking for something other than a sectional boiler. Designs and name brands are welcome. Thanks
      I'm very happy with our Ajax low pressure steam boiler. Mine is HRNG 17. I'll send you the spec sheet.
      Cheers!
      David R. Pierce

Comment

I little over 2 million btuh, low pressure.
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I'm a fan of Fulton.

Why not sectional?

Pax.

Liam
          Liam McKenna

Comment

Miuraboiler.com

I have no experience with these but plan to use one in the future, they are up to 20% more efficient than conventional boilers. Lx series are worth looking into.
            dangerously good ales.

Comment

I have been leaning towards Fulton actually. I like the down firing design, no sections, no tubes. In the last 5 years we have had to have the sectionals gaskets replaced and several sections replaced 3 times. I have had a company come out monthly and check water hardness and chemicals this last year and these gaskets have lasted less than any. Just seems like a bad design from my stand point. Ten to fifteen sections connected with rubber gaskets, water on the inside fire on the outside. I think that is just a recipe for destruction.
              Joel Halbleib
              Partner / Zymurgist
              Hive and Barrel Meadery
              6302 Old La Grange Rd
              Crestwood, KY
              www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I'm using a sectional Burnham V9 series right now and couldn't be more happier so far. Mind you , my water is remarkably naturally soft.

I have a step fired burner (Hi/Lo) which helps with efficiency. I have a few less options here since natural gas not available.

Pax.

Liam
                Liam McKenna

Comment

There are several reputable manufacturers, but I would suggest looking at where they are built as shipping costs can get quite high for a large boiler. We shipped our Rite boiler to Louisiana from L.A. and that kind of freight ain't cheap.

Also, our boiler guys strongly recommend power burners instead of atmospheric. You will get better efficiency and they will also not be hindered if your building is under negative pressure with a fan for your kettle or building exhaust in general.
                  Andrew Godley
                  Parish Brewing Co.
                  Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

Some german manufacturers...

Hocheffiziente Lösungen im Bereich Dampf, Heißwasser und Heizwärme. Jetzt CO2-Emissionen einsparen und Betriebskosten senken! Mit Industriekesseln von Bosch.

Kurita is one of the global market leaders in industrial water and process treatment. We deliver proven solutions that increase plant efficiency while contributing to environmental sustainability.

Comment

Working...
                    X