Case Coder/printer options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Coder/printer options

Looking for case coding options- Very aware of the hand stamp/price gun option, and the Domino/video jet set up. I'm looking for something in between the two. Any suggstions for a conveyor mount (4 *6) in a tray configuration?

Thanks

JB

Try looking into a coder wheel. Its a spring driven wheel with removable type. The type is inked by an ink cartridge. This is what the "big boys" used before they switched to video jet coding. I've always felt that the coder wheels print a much better looking code than the videojets.

The wheel coders we used to use were made by the Lincoln Coder Company in Indiana. I think they have been around since before Indiana became a state and they were very customer service orientated.

I googled Lincoln Coders and it looks like they are still around. I suggest that you call them and discuss your coding needs. They probably can suggest something that will work well for you.

Comment

Roller coder

Roller coders require you to buy and stock letters, handle them to change data while covered in ink, tend to make a mess and are early 20th century technology. If a Videojet or equivalent is set up properly, it prints like your home computer printer as far as quality goes. You also don' have to stock tons of letters.
      There are also HP cartridge based systems that use cartridges and are virtually maintenance free. And inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
      X