best decorative hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best decorative hops

We're going to plant some hop vines at the brewery this Spring. They will be mainly decorative so I'm looking for suggestions for varieties that are disease resistant and produce lots of cones; the earlier the better. Our latitude is the same as most of the major hop-growing regions and they grow well here. The only problem is that the season is sometimes too short for lupulin to fully develop. What are the best-looking hops?

Canadian Red Vines. Not the best tasting hop but incredible growth. We had vines about the size of my thumb in the first year, and kept getting hops for months.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

I grow hops at home and my cascades have grown like wild. They have really cool cones that can get as long as my thumb and I'm not a small guy. Very thick growth and very aggressive bines too. I like them a lot.
      ~Phil

Comment

The best decorative hop plant?

If you want the most interesting leaf, choose Humulus lupulus var. neomexicanus.

The most interesting flowers are on a variety of H.L. var. neomexicanus that has doublet flowers. The flowers look like pom poms or drupes of grapes.

Comment

Working...
        X