Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hess Rowe
    kbills:

Are you doing anything to vent the exhaust?
    That's totally up to what any local inspector/health department would allow.
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

I guess what I'm wondering is, assuming that you wanted to (or needed to) vent the exhaust, how would you do it?

And if kbills was already doing it.

Comment

We have a big 8 foot wide roll up door which is pretty much open whenever I am brewing. Since carbon monoxide settles to the floor, it goes right out this door. If it is cold or rainy outside, I only crack it a few inches. I also have a CO monitor in the brewery.

For heat (because it gets damn hot - over 110 one day when it was 80 outside), i have vent fans on the side wall.

Comment

Originally posted by kbills
          We have a big 8 foot wide roll up door which is pretty much open whenever I am brewing. Since carbon monoxide settles to the floor, it goes right out this door. If it is cold or rainy outside, I only crack it a few inches. I also have a CO monitor in the brewery.

For heat (because it gets damn hot - over 110 one day when it was 80 outside), i have vent fans on the side wall.
          i can't believe a health inspector would ever allow for a 320,000 BTU burner without a proper flue. that's dangerous and i hope no one ever dies because of these 'budget' systems.

Comment

Just to let you know Carbon Monoxide is slightly lighter than air.

Vapor Density is 0.97

I am an industrial hygienist (chemical safety guy) so these trivial numbers are on top of my head.

Slainte,

Tony
            Butte Brewing Co.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with Don and his equipment yet, Im trying to get some feedback from current customers on his larger brewhouses.

Comment

Steam systems

Anybody have experience with his steam systems? Either 10bbl or 15bbl? Looking for any type of review, positive or negative! Thanks!

Comment

Fermenters

Lots of good info in here about the Brewing systems but has anyone purchased a fermenter or brite tank? Also looking for any kind of review!

Comment

I am also seeking info regarding Dons systems. Considering 10bbl steam, Fermenters, brite tanks, keg washing filling station. Heard that he orders stuff from China.

Anybody useing or has done further research on the 10-15bbl steam. Opinions?

Anybody have opinion on China made equip?

Comment

Question

Originally posted by AMS0286
                      I believe you are talking about the March AC-5B-MD. I picked mine up from Tesco Pumps through their Ebay store.

$307.60 shipped
                      Would the reduction in Dia across the pump not cause a issue with cleaning. As I have it from the Probrewer - Stupid stuff all brewers should know - it recommends not to reduce ID unless absoletely needed. I presume a pump is the same as a pipe when it comes to cleaning?

Pipe and Hose Lines

Keep them the same size all the way through the process. If you HAVE to change sizes, ALWAYS go from big to small! If you go from small to big the bigger pipe/hose will never get fully cleaned or sanitized.

Probably a stupid question.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Squintymcguinty
                        Would the reduction in Dia across the pump not cause a issue with cleaning. As I have it from the Probrewer - Stupid stuff all brewers should know - it recommends not to reduce ID unless absoletely needed. I presume a pump is the same as a pipe when it comes to cleaning?

Pipe and Hose Lines

Keep them the same size all the way through the process. If you HAVE to change sizes, ALWAYS go from big to small! If you go from small to big the bigger pipe/hose will never get fully cleaned or sanitized.

Probably a stupid question.

Steve
                        Steve,

The post you quote about line sizing is referring to cleaning. If you had a small hose feeding a larger one and pumping cleaner/sani, the small hose could not carry enough solution to fill the big hose, meaning the big hose won't get clean. (imagine peeing into 1" brewers hose. You'd never be able to fill it. And, if you can, I officially hate you and you're never allowed to meet my wife, lol)

Most pumps have a smaller diameter outlet than inlet. That ensures good pressure and, for non-self priming pumps, that the head stays primed.

I use the March pump referenced in this thread. Worked great for my 1bbl and I assume it will work fine for the 3bbl we're installing.

Steve
                        14th Star Brewing

Comment

Originally posted by urllybird
                          Hi just a reply to the false bottom gap there is a flat bar on edge that goes down 1.5 inches to touch the bottom where it seals not to the sides
                          don at brew stuff

Don,
                          do you have an customers you could reference?

Comment

I have purchased and used Don's equipment and can give you great detail on the quality and performance of his system.

Comment

Chief,
                              Can you give a public critique. It may save you from answering a million questions!
                              Thanks,
                              Shark

Comment

Originally posted by SharkTank
                                Chief,
                                Can you give a public critique. It may save you from answering a million questions!
                                Thanks,
                                Shark
                                +1 to that idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X