Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recomendations on stand alone temperature controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations on stand alone temperature controllers?

Hi all,

The Johnson A419 temperature controllers are a little inaccurate for our tanks and operation of FV's and CT's. I was wondering if anyone would recommend a better stand alone unit which we can add more as we can expand in the future?

Cheers,

Dave Woodward
    Tofino Brewing Co.

Ranco digital controllers are nice. We have 2. One for our chiller, and the other for our walkin cooler. The usually can be had for around $75.00 sometimes less on ebay.
    Jon Sheldon
    Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
    Bugnutty Brewing Company
    www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Love Controllers

Been using Love's for 5 years and haven't had one fail. The two Ranco's that I had are toast.

Bill Hamilton
      The Brewer/Co-Owner
      Blue Lab Brewing Co.
      Lexington VA

Comment

Emerson Controllers

They are dead on and not that expensive. Not a lot of fancy options but are accurate. Reasonable at 135 bucks or so.
        Trent
        Shades of Pale
        Park City UT

Comment

So which particular Emerson and Ranco model do you both recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by blueskybrwr
            The two Ranco's that I had are toast.
            Bad experiences here too with Ranco: 3 out 4 had to be replaced in 6 years

Comment

Is there anyone using a controller that has the ability to be controlled/ monitored remotely via the internet? I know many homebrewers have used the BCS-460 control system from Embedded Control Concepts, but has anyone used this or any other similar system in a commercial setting?

Comment

Emerson Model 16E09-101

We use model 16E09-101. They are connected to Honeywell actuated valves to open and close flow.

Originally posted by juliobrewer
                So which particular Emerson and Ranco model do you both recommend?
                Trent
                Shades of Pale
                Park City UT

Comment

Originally posted by NHBrewer23
                  Is there anyone using a controller that has the ability to be controlled/ monitored remotely via the internet? I know many homebrewers have used the BCS-460 control system from Embedded Control Concepts, but has anyone used this or any other similar system in a commercial setting?
                  We are building the control for our new brew system with the bcs-462. Will be able to monitor our entire brewery on line. FV, Brew system, cooler and ambiant temp of the brewery.

Our brew slave, an EE for NASA and I are starting the build next week. I think we will document as we build to help out others.
                  Jon Sheldon
                  Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
                  Bugnutty Brewing Company
                  www.bugnutty.com

Comment

New Temp Controller

I've bought a few things from Automationdirect.com for work. They've just come out with a new temp controller that communicates via RS-485 connection. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but with a little tweaking, it looks like it could be quite promising.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering which you chose and how they are working for you.

Thanks,

Justin

Comment

Why stand-alone when you can bring all your tanks to one control panel with small DIN controllers? Tons more flexibility and not any more expensive. My preference by far to little individual controllers mounted somewhere difficult to wire to.
                        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

We're looking at replacing the standalone this fall as they just are not accurate worth a darn still. Any recommendations on manufacturers for DIN Controllers as having a central control panel does make more sense.

Dave.
                          Tofino Brewing Co.

Comment

Just about everyone makes DIN temperature controllers. I use Fujis. Don't know where to get them in US. Talk to your local automation guys.
                            Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
                            X