Brewery Floor Plan - Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Floor Plan - Software?

Anyone have suggestions for software to generate our floor plan for TTB submission?

Nothing fancy... something like that attached (which someone else posted somewhere on the board here... sorry, don't remember which thread this was from now).

Currently I have a hand drawn plan but would like to generate something like the attached for submission.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I know there are a lot of applications out there... They mostly cost money, but Googles Sketchup is free, and probably would work for what you're trying to do. I'm no expert at it, but its pretty simple to use...

~Phil

Comment

Originally posted by apoxbrew
      Anyone have suggestions for software to generate our floor plan for TTB submission?

Nothing fancy... something like that attached (which someone else posted somewhere on the board here... sorry, don't remember which thread this was from now).

Currently I have a hand drawn plan but would like to generate something like the attached for submission.

Thanks!
      contact chris at ENEGREN BREWING : www.enegrenbrewing.com .

Comment

Originally posted by apoxbrew

Thanks!
        I used software from CADStd, an example is posted in the brewpub section under my thread about brewpub operations. The end user license agreement states commercial use of their free program is limited to 30the days. Any exports will still have the non commercial use watermark on them. My design is no where near done and it is not to scale, just a sketch for my use in planning and to give to my architect with the dimensions of everything, he can make everything look pretty on the blueprints.

I don't know of any brewery specific design software, but any CAD program should work.
        Little Deep Brewing Company
        Minot, North Dakota
        www.littledeepbrewing.com

Comment

enegren uses SolidWorks
          Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I'm something of a beer nerd. So in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, it’s time to talk about 3D design

Comment

CAD Software

While SolidWork is a great software package, I would suggest using AutoCAD for the brewery layout. It is an architect/ engineer standard. AutoCAD allows for import/exporting to numerous file types. Many free viewers will open AutoCAD files and even allow for editing.

If you have a detailed hand sketch drawing of your layout with everything dimensioned, I can quickly plug it into AutoCAD and send you the .DWG file as well as a .pdf format. Send me a PM so I can give you an email address to use. I will just need you to scan your sketch and send it to me as a picture, if you wish for me to do that for you.

Cheers,

James

Comment

I did my floor plan with Open Office Draw

It is free and it does the job and it is not hard to learn to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeiisneaks
                I know there are a lot of applications out there... They mostly cost money, but Googles Sketchup is free, and probably would work for what you're trying to do. I'm no expert at it, but its pretty simple to use...

http://sketchup.google.com/
                I second the suggestion for Google Sketchup. It is free, easy to learn, can output to .pdf, and can be used for other planning purposes.
                Mike Lanzarotta
                Commercial Real Estate Broker
                finding space for breweries in Southern California
                former owner and brewer, Crown City Brewery, Pasadena CA

Comment

AUTODESK Free Floor Plan Designer is great for simple floor plans

I use this for our floor plan designs. Once everything is in place you can use a shot glass for fermenters or kettles.

Comment

If you can get hold of a copy of Visio, this is easy to use - much easier to pick up than CAD without formal training. The problem is that Microsoft bought out the Visio Corp a good few years ago, then soon after delisted it - the best simple drawing package around at the time. I still use mine for this sort of thing, as I haven't found anything to beat it, and far more complicated pipework, equipment and process flow drawings - 2D only though. But your planners probably aren't too hung up about 3D. The later versions work on Win 7, 8 and 10. I don't know if there was a Mac version though.
                    dick

Comment

It really depends on how architecturally detailed you need to be. Any word processor with some basic drawing tools will do. We did our basic layout in Pages on the Mac. Easy to build your own scale (we used 1cm to 3 ft; I know it's mixed). Once our basic layout was complete using circles and rectangles, our building engineer did the required drawings for permits and our equipment manufacturer did drawings to scale and fit.

Keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
                        If you can get hold of a copy of Visio, this is easy to use - much easier to pick up than CAD without formal training. The problem is that Microsoft bought out the Visio Corp a good few years ago, then soon after delisted it - the best simple drawing package around at the time. I still use mine for this sort of thing, as I haven't found anything to beat it, and far more complicated pipework, equipment and process flow drawings - 2D only though. But your planners probably aren't too hung up about 3D. The later versions work on Win 7, 8 and 10. I don't know if there was a Mac version though.
                        I second this program. It's great to use for many types of floor plans. Its nice to make shapes and then just drag and drop as you work out your floor plan. I had heard from another brewery that they cut out shapes (to scale) out of construction paper and laid them out on a big print of their building.

Comment

Working...
                        X