COLAs Online registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLAs Online registration

So the TTB's various websites were apparently coded by a thousand monkeys laboring at a thousand typewriters, only instead of the works of Shakespeare they cranked out pretty much what you'd expect they would.

I'm trying to register for COLAs online through TTBOnline.gov and I cannot for the life of me make it past the Company Information page. It pops up a window, I fill it out, click 'ok' and NOTHING HAPPENS. On two computers in three browsers. Ok I get that it was designed for "Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher" (joy) but I'm using IE 9 on it and nothing.

Anyone else experience this? Or just as importantly, anyone breeze through it like a boss? Should I just mail in a hard copy and lament the current state of government IT?
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Le sigh

Ok, figured it out. For those of you experiencing this Problem That Should Not Rightly Exist: you need to go to Tools -> Compatibility Mode and set IE back to the Stone Age.

Onwards and upwards!
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

i had similar issues. changing to compatibility mode helped, but yielded other issues. i eventually installed IE7 which is supposed to be the preferred browser. since then i have had no issues. i just don't let it update. i use firefox for normal web stuff and only use IE7 when working with COLA's or Formulas......

Yes it's stupid, but it seems to have fixed all those issues..
      Scott LaFollette
      Fifty West Brewing Company
      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
      X