Premilled Base Malt Preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premilled Base Malt Preference

Looking for experienced recommendations for a premilled base malt source. Are some suppliers easier to work with in regards to custom milling for different types of grains? Some more constistent than others?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jefferey Sheehan
    Rockford Brewing Company
    jeff@rockfordbrewing.com

Try Brewer Supply group. they have a huge selections of malt from all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by brewmaster 2011
      Try Brewer Supply group. they have a huge selections of malt from all over the world.

Thanks, I have been very happy with BSG's selection and service over the years! However I have always milled malt myself and now am starting a new brewery that will not have a mill at the start. So I am looking for feedback specifically about "premilled" malt experiences. Have you purchased and used BSG's premilled malt? If so, has your efficiency been consistent?

Thanks again!
      Jefferey Sheehan
      Rockford Brewing Company
      jeff@rockfordbrewing.com

Comment

They mill all my grain and i have about 82%-88% efficiency.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback BM2011!

Anybody else out there have any preferred suppliers for "premilled" base malt?

Thanks,
          Jeff
          Jefferey Sheehan
          Rockford Brewing Company
          jeff@rockfordbrewing.com

Comment

Cmg

Country Malt Group's superior pale malt is my pre milled base grain of choice...great flavor, diastatic power and price
            Cheers
            Jay Stoyanoff
            Brewmaster
            Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
            Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

I have used BSG for premilled malt a few years back and was very happy with the grid they did. They mill for each order so you know that the premilled malt has not been sitting around for a long period of time. Thumbs up all the way for BSG.

Comment

Working...
              X