Equipment list for 7bbl brewery. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment list for 7bbl brewery. Need help

I have searched and read through probrewer trying to find a list of equipment needs. I understand that each brewery is different but much of it is the same. Some will go the pub route, others will look for keg distribution... But to operate the brew house what do you need at the 7bbl level?

obviously the hlt,mashtun and kettle. But what about Glycol, keg washer (manual or auto), keg filler, hoses, fermenters (jacketed or not), bright tanks, carbonation, Pallet jack/fork lift, what else? And any recommendations on vendors for these items?

Does this list exist somewhere and I just haven't found it yet? I know there are consultants you can hire but this is the digital age of easy sharing info.

I started a google doc for this: https://docs.google.com/a/ravennaint...3U2NiVkE#gid=0

I can copy everything in there but there seems to be quite a few posts about this, and it seems like a resource could/should be created. Can anyone start us off? list a piece of equipment you think necessary (or a few) and a vendor and price if you have it... Used vs new would be cool to. The more the better... thanks in advance.

7 bbl equipment list

I recommend contacting manufacturers for a quote. They will provide you a detailed breakdown; some more than others, but you can call them. Maybe get 10 different quotes and compare.

Comment

There's a whole lot to consider

Your brewhouse is first:
      It's YOUR's, so you'll need to consider heating, steam, direct fire... Will you use a whirlpool? Grant? Grist case? Hydrator? Blender? Gas meter correctly sized?

Water:
      Filters? HLT/CLT? Quality? Pressure? Drainage? PH stabilization? Chemicals; pumps; extra gaskets and t/c's...

Transfer: Heat exchanger, Water or glycol, or both? Pump; hoses; more clamps and gaskets...

Fermentation: Chiller; Chiller controls; Chiller piping; Lots of redundancy in PRV's; CO2; Carb stones; CO2 connections for equalization during transfer? More gaskets... you get the point.

Milling: Auger?

Walk in Cooler: Sized for decent storage. A 7BBL fermenter is worth about 30 kegs a month, and probably won't all fly out the door the day they are racked. Plan for the number of fermenters x's kegs produced.

Tasting room?: More glycol; Taps; Handles; Glasses; swag...;

This is just the tip of the iceberg. You will have to jump in and discover what applies, and what doesn't. Plan a budget, then add 20%. It took us a year of digging to plan, and we're still "planning". Remember, Julia Childs probably could cook on a hot rock, and still make a decent meal, and she didn't learn it overnight!
      Rich Nesheim
      Triplehorn Brewing Co.
      Woodinville, WA

Comment

Working...
      X