Sourcing Equipment from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meto brewing company

Hi, I'm form Spain and trying to get a reasonable good equipment from China. Does anybody knows anything about Meto Brewing Company? I have a good offer from them and I would like to know if this company belongs to the Middle Kingdom.

Originally posted by StephenP View Post
    I'm an American brewer living in central China, and have visited many brewery equipment factories in Jinan and Ningbo. The simple answer is there is a huge range of options for design, quality, price and support.

At the top of the food chain are what I will call the "joint venture" companies, where much of the design and engineering is driven by western companies. The quality of the welding, the inspection and documentation process, the accessories and fittings are to a very high standard. This is the same mechanism by which BMW, Audi, Volkswagen and GM make excellent cars here for the Chinese market.

At the bottom are the small shops, dirt floors, little or no documentation. The motors, pumps, wiring, fittings, valves, welding and design will test your patience and problem solving ability, sometimes on a daily basis. The price will seem to good to be true, and it is.

The middle is a vast gray area. Some are very large companies with excellent quality, but you need to know exactly what you want and the order must be very specific. As for design insist on referrals from existing customers. Any manufacturer who will not give you this, or appears to be playing games, is just hoping for a quick sale. I've heard the expression in Mandarin more than once, "Maybe customer not notice". It is pretty hard to evaluate a supplier on a quick visit to China, but I believe there are consultants for hire who can help sort the good ones out.

We have a new 10BBL system coming next month from Ningbo, and I have worked closely with the western designer and the Chinese engineers, both via email and by direct factory visits. The level of professionalism and support is as good as any I had with US suppliers.

Do your homework before making an expensive purchase and you will be happy with equipment from the Middle Kingdom.

Comment

Brew Tech

Originally posted by Fernando View Post
      Hi, I'm form Spain and trying to get a reasonable good equipment from China. Does anybody knows anything about Meto Brewing Company? I have a good offer from them and I would like to know if this company belongs to the Middle Kingdom.
      On the other hand, How is your experience so far with Brew Tech's equipment?. Can I visit your Web Site? What is the name of your microbrewery?

Comment

Sourcing Equipment from China

This sounds like you want someone to tell you it's okay to buy Chinese. It's perfectly fine to do so, I would suggest sharpening up on your maintenance skills. A lot of these companies aren't JUST making brewing equipment. I prefer a company focused on just brewing gear. In my experience these days you get what you pay for in both equipment and customer service. It's priceless to actually call the manufacturer during the day and talk to someone who actually had a hand in the design and building of your gear. Getting in touch with someone for quick troubleshooting with someone who is on the same continent is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by WaywardOwlBeer; 04-10-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by WaywardOwlBeer View Post
          This sounds like you want someone to tell you it's okay to buy Chinese. It's perfectly fine to do so, I would suggest sharpening up on your maintenance skills. A lot of these companies aren't JUST making brewing equipment. I prefer a company focused on just brewing gear. In my experience these days you get what you pay for in both equipment and customer service. It's priceless to actually call the manufacturer during the day and talk to someone who actually had a hand in the design and building of your gear. Getting in touch with someone for quick troubleshooting with someone who is on the same continent is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hola Fernando, llevo 5 años comprando en China y toda mi cerveceria es China. Si queres platicar al respecto con gusto te echo una mano. Hay equipos buenos en China y hay equipos malisimos pero si aprendes a comprar en China nunca vuelves a comprar en otra parte, la diferencia de precios es enorme. Escribeme un private message si quieres y platicamos mas.

Comment

Originally posted by dfalken View Post
              Hola Fernando, llevo 5 años comprando en China y toda mi cerveceria es China. Si queres platicar al respecto con gusto te echo una mano. Hay equipos buenos en China y hay equipos malisimos pero si aprendes a comprar en China nunca vuelves a comprar en otra parte, la diferencia de precios es enorme. Escribeme un private message si quieres y platicamos mas.
              Muchas gracias! Perdona por mi ignorancia pero ¿Cómo puedo enviarte un private message?

Comment

Muchas gracias! Perdona por mi ignorancia pero ¿Cómo puedo enviarte un private message?
                Fernando si le das click a mi nombre "dfalken" te sale la opcion para enviarme el mensaje privado pero si quieres escribeme directo a mi correo que es david @ cervezacadejo . com sin los espacios claro

Comment

PM sent

Fernando, I have sent you a PM (well actually the same one twice) due to apparently getting logged out.
                  dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
                    Fernando, I have sent you a PM (well actually the same one twice) due to apparently getting logged out.
                    Thank you Dick! I appreciate your advice but we are already dealing with a local consultor

Comment

Good. I have seen a good number where no external advice / opinion at all was taken. Hope it all goes well.
                      dick

Comment

It can be worth it, if you have experience

So, I bought all but 1 of our tanks from a factory in Dalian, China. I was comfortable doing it because I worked with a US consultant who has a long standing relationship with this one factory. He sources his clients' tanks from them and in return gets guarantees of quality, metallurgy and design. They are responsive to his requested changes. I recently bought a 3bbl from them to prototype with and the changes in design from his feedback were obvious. With that level of comfort I didn't have a second thought.

If you are at CBC, the company will be there. Dalian Yongshen something or other. The owners Wang and Jessica will be staffing the booth and are very nice people.

The consultant I worked with was Brewery Consultant Group - breweryconsultantgroup@gmail.com and I could not be happier with the experience.

That said, here are the minor negatives - My tanks were small enough to stand upright in a shipping container so no dunnage for side transport was needed. They shipped the tanks wrapped in bubble wrap. That's it. Two suffered minor cosmetic dents.

They used a goofy size for the CIP fitting on top of the tank - 3.5". The consultant made them stop that. There's only 1 place I can find in the US that stocks those gaskets so I bought a bunch as spares.

We threw away all tri-clamp gaskets that came with the tanks. I could never get them clean enough to suit my persnicketyness.

The first order of tanks were FILTHY inside and out when they arrived. The new tank was much, much cleaner so they seem to have upped their game.

Worth it for Stung, for sure.
                        Chief Fermentation Officer
                        Oregon Mead & Cider Co.

Comment

Guys im on the search of a can seamer, probably gonna buy from china because i dont want to spend much, and the one that oskar blues sells doesnt fit the size of can i can buy in my country. Anyone know which Chinese company i can contact?

something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQompgxV3wM

Thanks!!

Comment

Any Reference on the company Shenzen Penglai / Penglai Packing ??? http://www.penglaichina.com/

Thanks!!

Comment

Had anyone made a purchase with METO Brewery Equipment http://www.metobrew.com/? Got a pretty sweet deal from them and pictures and drawings all look good. Communication is great as well.

Comment

Got a quote from them too

Originally posted by Davbus View Post
                                Had anyone made a purchase with METO Brewery Equipment http://www.metobrew.com/? Got a pretty sweet deal from them and pictures and drawings all look good. Communication is great as well.
                                But the weirdest thing, their sales guy got "hacked" and I was offered another quote from a competing tank supplier? It all got sorted but we're definitely on edge about all this and we need more tanks asap.

Did you end up following through with the order? How was your experience?

Comment

Working...
                                X