• Show
Clear All

No one?

What about Ximo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
      No one?

What about Ximo?
      Have you been in touch with Gaving at Sungood? Once I nail down my building location, I'll go to him unless the new Tariffs ruin the deal.

Comment

Carolina

I just received a 5bbl from Carolina micro for a brewery I am consulting on. Working on installing now. Ferm/BBTs are nice solid well made. Brewhouse is direct fire solid system as well, got controls from them too. He uses midco burners and some siemens 24v parts. The hard piping on the 5bbl seems excessive, the platform pushes the heat exchanger from under the platform. Ultimately happy with setup so far. Should be firing in a week or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinL View Post
          I just received a 5bbl from Carolina micro for a brewery I am consulting on. Working on installing now. Ferm/BBTs are nice solid well made. Brewhouse is direct fire solid system as well, got controls from them too. He uses midco burners and some siemens 24v parts. The hard piping on the 5bbl seems excessive, the platform pushes the heat exchanger from under the platform. Ultimately happy with setup so far. Should be firing in a week or 2.
          To be fair, even though your brewing equipment is still made in china you didnt source it from there, Carolina micro is an american company... What you did is really no different that ordering from stout vs dealing directly with a chinese manufacturer like Sungood. Which is kinda the point of this thread..
          Last edited by augiedoggy; 08-31-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HogMountain View Post
            Have you been in touch with Gaving at Sungood? Once I nail down my building location, I'll go to him unless the new Tariffs ruin the deal.
            I might hit him up. But the problem I am finding is that unless it is a full container. i am just about screwed. I am owrking with a domestic importer...just need to get the container filled!

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
              To be fair, even though your brewing equipment is still made in china you didnt source it from there, Carolina micro is an american company... What you did is really no different that ordering from stout vs dealing directly with a chinese manufacturer like Sungood. Which is kinda the point of this thread..
              Even though their site says in MD, dealing with Shine is in China. The only thing currently, at least when I ordered, was payment was sent to MD. That only just happened to, he originally was going to have payment wired overseas. Any communication with them is late night or early morning. When I was talking with him they were looking to put a warehouse in the US. I am not sure where that stands.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinL View Post
                Even though their site says in MD, dealing with Shine is in China. The only thing currently, at least when I ordered, was payment was sent to MD. That only just happened to, he originally was going to have payment wired overseas. Any communication with them is late night or early morning. When I was talking with him they were looking to put a warehouse in the US. I am not sure where that stands.
                Your dealing with a middle man broker in the US though (with a modest markup to pay them im sure) The advantage is you have them to go after if theres an issue. Its different than dealing direct with china over the internet is all im saying.

Comment

Originally posted by sophie88
                  Well, not every beer making equipment from China has bad quality. In contrast some of them are doing pretty good brewhouse, fermentation vessels works. I know MDL craft beer equipment supplier, which is professional at this filed and has over a decade.
                  Does MDL have a domestic warehouse, or do you have to go fetch the container from customs yourself?

Comment

Does MDL have a domestic warehouse, or do you have to go fetch the container from customs yourself?
                    when I bought my kettles from sungood I did not have to fetch anything myself even though they do not have their own warehouse in the states (Not selling them under their own name anyway) They suggested I contact a Rep at a customs agency they often deal with named Deb and she quoted me for shipping to my buddies Dock in town. All in all everything went very well and I saved quite a bit vs buying the same kettles through a reseller.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
                      when I bought my kettles from sungood I did not have to fetch anything myself even though they do not have their own warehouse in the states (Not selling them under their own name anyway) They suggested I contact a Rep at a customs agency they often deal with named Deb and she quoted me for shipping to my buddies Dock in town. All in all everything went very well and I saved quite a bit vs buying the same kettles through a reseller.
                      That is what I meant by fetching them from customs yourself...having to go through a customs agent. I guess sungood is paying attention to this thread....they sent me a message!

Comment

That is what I meant by fetching them from customs yourself...having to go through a customs agent. I guess sungood is paying attention to this thread....they sent me a message!
                        I see... well it was just a couple phone calls for me..

Comment

Hi hi.

Anyone seen a uni like this before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	191813

The racking and bottom blowout tubes are, as you can see, at the same level.

Do we think the racking arm is bent up inside and sitting above the yeast cone?

Thanks in advance!
                          ZDM

Comment

Odd manway placement too. Who makes this?

Originally posted by ZeDrunkenMaster View Post
                            Hi hi.

Anyone seen a uni like this before?

Thanks in advance!
                            ZDM

Comment

Originally posted by ZeDrunkenMaster View Post
                              Hi hi.
                              The racking and bottom blowout tubes are, as you can see, at the same level.

Do we think the racking arm is bent up inside and sitting above the yeast cone?
                              Yes. It is called a standpipe and one is a cone bottom out, and one has a pipe that extends upward to a certain level. Much prefer a rotating racking arm (with DIN fitting) instead.

Also that manway design is not really safe for anything over 7bbl. If you go in, how do you get out? I’ve known directly about a man who died in a tank from co2. Confined space entry should only be done by properly trained teams of two or more.

Comment

Odd manway placement too. Who makes this?
                                Yes indeed.

You can choose a different location for the manway.

I am in Europe and these are made by Czech Mini Breweries.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X