Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent Grain Info

Scott,
    I was just letting you know that as a small brewer we sell our spent grain at about $.30 per bushel. Its more of a token than anything. We have about 30 farmers who rotate taking about 8 bushels each of spent grain every other day (15/day) and we have a waiting list of at least a dozen to get in the rotation. If you live in a rural area spent grain is like gold. Its very nutritional and the farmers love it.

P.S. Make good relations with those farmers because in hay season they sure do drink a lot of our beer, and well, the rest of the year too.

Comment

Thanks Brian, already tried that route, ended up having to take the grain out in the van at the end of the brew day to the farm that Mac and Jack dump their grain. Would be nice to have a dumptruck. Funny stuff lives on the farm that does not mix well with brewer boots. You guys that get to sell your grain have it made!

Thanks for the kind words on the stout, we do our best!

-Beaux

Comment

Run an ad

I have used the local paper with a ad in the livestock feed section. Farmers/Ranchers always read them for some bargins. What else do they have to do? Bewary of partime farmers not as puncual as real farmers(full time or retired is good also). They can be fed to cattel, hogs and chickens with no problems. My cousin used to feed his chickens with it and would get good egg production even in the winter!
        Doug A Moller
        Brewmaster
        The Moller Brew House
        (405)226-3111

Comment

it contains a detailed (general) nutritional description of spent grains, used for by-feed of cows... Brewing is UK style though, could be a bit different than US style...

Comment

Working...
          X