Using other breweries kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make me smart.
    1. Am I right in assuming that the purchase price of a new keg is more than the deposit price?
    2. If you ship,say, 100 full kegs to a distributor do you make sure you get 100 empties back?
    3. If you inspect those 100 kegs and find 5 foreign kegs and ship those 5 kegs to their original owners and those owners pay you only the deposit price aren't you out the difference between original price and deposit price on those 5 kegs?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Doyle
      make me smart.
      1. Am I right in assuming that the purchase price of a new keg is more than the deposit price?
      2. If you ship,say, 100 full kegs to a distributor do you make sure you get 100 empties back?
      3. If you inspect those 100 kegs and find 5 foreign kegs and ship those 5 kegs to their original owners and those owners pay you only the deposit price aren't you out the difference between original price and deposit price on those 5 kegs?
      Come on Larry, you were in the industry long enough to know that's not the way it works.

Comment

Originally posted by dberg
        Come on Larry, you were in the industry long enough to know that's not the way it works.
        I was asking, not telling. I never worked in Shipping or Accounting. Why don't you tell me how it works?

Comment

As Bierkonig said, if you use someone else's kegs as your own, you are committing theft. I am surprised and disappointed so many brewers think otherwise. Karma will catch up to you.

I don't distribute any of my beers, but where I previously worked we returned kegs to their rightful owners.

Linus, you should send that pic of your keg to several people at AB and ask if they have more of your kegs.

Comment

Curious, the conversation is revolving around the producers, and leaving the distributor out. Is the distributor responsible for returning your kegs, and if they don't come back shouldn't they replace them? What is a timeframe before you assume you are out a keg? The three tier system leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by BelgianBrews
              As Bierkonig said, if you use someone else's kegs as your own, you are committing theft. I am surprised and disappointed so many brewers think otherwise. Karma will catch up to you.

I don't distribute any of my beers, but where I previously worked we returned kegs to their rightful owners.

Linus, you should send that pic of your keg to several people at AB and ask if they have more of your kegs.
              Once upon a time a brewer bought a whole truckload of brand new returnable long neck bottles. He was mighty proud of those bottles. They weren't scuffed or chipped and they didn't have any disgusting foreign objects in them. The brewer filled those bottles and shipped them out. Lo and behold when the bottles were returned to him he could tell immediately that these were not his nice, new bottles. These were scuffed and many were chipped.
              Then he called the FBI and complained that somewhere, somehow someone has taken his nice new bottles and given him junky bottles. The FBI is still investigating. This happened in 1953.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Doyle
                I was asking, not telling. I never worked in Shipping or Accounting. Why don't you tell me how it works?
                Fair enough. But I've read your posts; you're a smart guy. So it's hard to believe you think you only send out a full keg after you get your keg returned. That works when you only own one keg. It makes it really hard to keep a draught line, however.

Comment

new site to help reunite lost kegs with breweries

The Brewers Association today launched a new site to help consumers, retailers, wholesalers and more reunite lost kegs with their home breweries. More information can be found in the below release and at www.KegReturn.com.
                  Cheers!
                  Banjo Bandolas
                  Probrewer.com
                  v- 541-284-5500
                  banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Working...
                  X