Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA Brewery Registration

Folks,

I apologize if this has been covered a few times. The search on the upgraded version of this site isn't working. I attempted a google search and only found old threads on this topic.

Has anyone recently registered their Brewery with the FDA? I need to complete this process but can't seem to find the appropriate link or form.

Any help would be appreciated.

gbrewing, I just did this about an hour ago. I did a Google search for "FDA brewery registration", and came up with the following link;

It's a fairly generic form for basic registration, and has an area to 'check' for Alcohol production. You'll have to print it out, fill it in, then mail/fax to the FDA. The address is right on the bottom of the form. Took me less than 30 minutes to do.
    It's all about the Beer.
    PlyJoe

Comment

I'm not aware of having to register with the FDA? Is this a state thing or?...........
      Nate Cornett
      Yellow Springs Brewery
      Yellow Springs, OH

Comment

YSBrewer,

I was told by several people in the biz, as well as the TTB agent who conducted my phone interview, that registration is mandatory when you're producing/manufacturing a food or beverage product.
        It's all about the Beer.
        PlyJoe

Comment

Plybeer,

Thank you. From that link you provided, I was able to find the online registration section for searching by name. It was very simple to do. YSBrewer, I was told this is a requirement since it is a food or beverage product.

Comment

Hmm, I don't remember the TTB agent saying anything about it. Guess we will...
            Nate Cornett
            Yellow Springs Brewery
            Yellow Springs, OH

Comment

online=
              Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
              tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
              "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by beerlawcenter
                . I don't recall if this was required before 9/11, but it's definitely seen as "not optional" at this point.
                It fell under the Bioterrorism Act of 2002. It also requires tracing of all ingredients in a package.

Comment

Will there be any official government agency informing breweries or are they just expecting word of mouth to cover this? I am not happy about this. Mark my words, in the end it will mean we pay the FDA some sort of taxes, aaaaaand we already pay way to much taxes on beer. We do not need another Federal agency overseeing beer production. Pick one, I do not care which one, put the TTB and the FDA in a cage and let them battle it out.
                  Joel Halbleib
                  Partner / Zymurgist
                  Hive and Barrel Meadery
                  6302 Old La Grange Rd
                  Crestwood, KY
                  www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Re

Where is the Brewer's Association on this issue?
                    Last edited by mkunce; 06-17-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkunce View Post
                      Where is the Brewer's Association on this issue?
                      They have had at least one Power Hour on it dating back to 2006. They also have written about it on their website

Comment

Re

How are the residential "garage breweries" dealing with the FDA registration? Specifically, Section 12 regarding inspections. The FDA appears to have cracked down on residential food production.

Comment

Food Facility Registration User Guide: Step-by-Step Instructions

Found this link that gives you step by step instructions to register

once you've created an account this is the page you register at

Last edited by trekster; 01-04-2016, 07:58 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Working...
                          X