Bottle sales for a 1 BBL nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nateo View Post
    I'm surprised you were able to buy the new system without external funds. But, I'm also surprised you were able to double brew 6 days a week, plus do all the other stuff you need to run a business.

How much did you end up spending on your new system, if you don't mind my asking?

3.5bbl is still pretty small, how long do you think until you max that out, and what's your plan for if/when that happens?
    Great questions. The main thing that made it work was hiring a part time assistant brewer and having extra pumps. Long days, but we got everything done.

Lets see... fermenters and everything to go with em (glycol, freight, yada yada) was 30 grand. Another 10 for the brew house and the extras to make it work. At the time we bought it, we only had myself, our bartender, and the assistant brewer on staff.

We are already maxed out on fermentation space right now, but we have the brewing time to add another fermenter if we want to. The good news is we add beer to inventory every week instead of running out, so I don't really see the need right now. We don't do keg accounts, and we have only bottled a couple barrels worth of our higher gravity brews to sell in the taproom for those who like to age their bombers. With all the breweries opening up in Denver right now, we are kind of just running as is for a while and saving up.

I have a feeling there might be some cheap brewing equipment on the market in the next couple of years, so we will make a move then unless things get too out of hand here.

Comment

Oh OK, that's not so bad. I was picturing something like 7bbl+, and at least twice that much money. Was it the space, or the money that held you back from buying a bigger system?

Yeah, Denver has really exploded lately. In the, oh, three years since I've moved, there are more new breweries than I can count. Way back in 2010, Dry Dock was just taking off. . . man, I miss that place.

Comment

Originally posted by nateo View Post
        Oh OK, that's not so bad. I was picturing something like 7bbl+, and at least twice that much money. Was it the space, or the money that held you back from buying a bigger system?

Yeah, Denver has really exploded lately. In the, oh, three years since I've moved, there are more new breweries than I can count. Way back in 2010, Dry Dock was just taking off. . . man, I miss that place.
        Exactly. Definitely a money thing. We saw what we had and bought what we could. Denver is insane. I can't even keep up with all the breweries opening up. Dry Dock is ridiculously good, especially during Oktoberfest!

Comment

Working...
        X