Nano pump, sparge pump and filter equipment sizing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano pump, sparge pump and filter equipment sizing question

We are opening a 2bbl nano in North Kansas City. We have made all the big purchases, but now are really getting ready to hook everything in together and are having some questions about what pumps and filters would be best for us.

We are thinking about one primary transfer pump and a smaller pump that we can use for sparging and whirlpooling our kettles.

We are also looking for getting a plate filter, but don't know how to size them property. We don't want to spend any more than we have to up front and most of the plate filters we have seen in our budget have 1/2 hp pumps built in and we are not sure if that is too big or small for us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Josh
    The Big Rip

I am on a 3 1/2 bbl. For sparge and whirlpool, I use the March Nanobrewery pump.

March Home Brewing AC-5B-MD Magnetic Drive American Pump, 17 Gallons Per Minute and a Max Head of 27 Feet.

You could probably use that for transfer as well, though I use a bigger pump for that.

I don't filter, so can't really help you there. I am going to give Biofine a try on a pale I have fermenting right now.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X