Specific Mechanical vs. Criveller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific Mechanical vs. Criveller

We've narrowed down our search for a 15-bbl brewhouse and tanks to two companies: Specific Mechanical Systems and Criveller Group, both located in Canada. So far we haven't been able to find too much information from people who own Specific or Criveller systems, and we were wondering if anyone here has any input on the matter. The quotes are similar in price, so we're looking for some feedback on operational ease, durability, layout, etc. in order to make a more informed decision. Cheers!

I am working on a system by specific-pretty basic, stand alone MT and kettle. Well built equipment, good customer service before and after purchase.
    Paul Thomas
    Brewer
    Sockeye Brewing
    www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

I have installed and brewed on 2 15 bbl Specific Mech Systems, and just bought a super customized new 5 bbl from them. I have been there twice, and I can assure you that they are honest, reliable, ahead of the pack on custom work, and bringing over the nicest of the Chinese tanks, after training all the personel over there to improve. I will be buying the 60-100 bbl system there next year, probably, because if the numbers are competitive I want to be with the guys I can trust, and that work so well with all of us. Just yesterday they suggested a whole new layout for the brewhouse that will improve things 10 fold, and after about 16 of my own re-designs I was never going to think of it, and it will end up making all the difference in the world. Cant say enough good about em, eh? And my visits to Victoria were really fun and educational, there are great breweries there.
      Cheers, and best of luck.
      Ray

Comment

Have never worked with Criveller but I can honestly say Specific Mechanical is one of the best. We have a used system of theirs and they've been nothing but helpful and equipment is top notch. The new thing with them doing Chinese sourced stuff- can't say.
        COAST Brewing Company

Comment

I've worked with both companies ordering and commissioning systems. Happy to chat with you anytime. PM me.

Nat

Comment

I have brewed on both systems but I prefer the Criveller setups. Both are excellent quality but I found that the customer service and overall systems Criveller offers are a bit better!
            What I liked best was that they helped me design a system that was tailored to my brewing style rather than an off the shelf style brewhouse. Quality of both are good but the tanks Criveller makes just look beefier in my opinion.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by brewgentlemen View Post
              We've narrowed down our search for a 15-bbl brewhouse and tanks to two companies: Specific Mechanical Systems and Criveller Group, both located in Canada. So far we haven't been able to find too much information from people who own Specific or Criveller systems, and we were wondering if anyone here has any input on the matter. The quotes are similar in price, so we're looking for some feedback on operational ease, durability, layout, etc. in order to make a more informed decision. Cheers!
              I'm happy to provide you with a list of references for out 15 BBL Brewhouse. Please contact me anytime Lynn 707-431-2211.
              Brewtech - Criveller Company
              www.criveller.com
              mail@criveller.com
              888-849-2266
              707-431-2211

Comment

I have been working on a Specific 30 bbl 2 vessel BH for 13 years. It has been a work horse, with minimal issues. Good design quality welds, great customer support. I have not used anything by Criv, but there system at CBC was nice looking.
                Joel Halbleib
                Partner / Zymurgist
                Hive and Barrel Meadery
                6302 Old La Grange Rd
                Crestwood, KY
                www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Both are among the better fabricators with longstanding reputations in the industry. I like Specific over Criveller both for design and for build quality. Specific were on my short list before i chose a custom system made in quebec near montreal at IAI Inox. It was nice to have somebody in my time zone, and their build quality is amazing. They do work for dairy and pharma industries as well.

If you want to get in touch the project manager Serge Pellerin is at sergep@iai-inox.com

Hah i just looked at the dates and the original post is from 2013. It appears the criveller rep revived the thread.

So Brewgentlemen: did you wind up buying one of these breweries? what do you think of it?
                  Last edited by beerme; 08-14-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X