CEM 5-5-1 miniblock filler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEM 5-5-1 miniblock filler?

Edit: we bought one. Tried it for a while and traded up to a Cime Gold DPS 9-8-1 six months later. The CEM 5-5-1 is not a rotary filler and is driven by a series of separate electromechanical devices. The photocells which govern this were not waterproof and it took months of frustration to discover this simple fact. It worked fine once we kept the photocells dry, but by then I had found that the CEM 5-5-1 would never be fast enough; in a six hour shift we could only ever package 1,500 litres of beer (when it was operating perfectly), and we regularly package more than that during a bottling run.

The CEM 5-5-1 seems a good size for breweries that don't need to package more than 1,200L in a shift. It can be operated by 1.5 people and as it is physically smaller and slower than the Cime 9-8-1 seemed a little more relaxing to operate. CEM 5-5-1 owners would benefit from fitting a vacuum gauge to observe the quality of vacuum provided as loose fittings can degrade this rather significantly.

Hopefully others find this of use.

Costruttore di macchinari e attrezzature. Prodotti e accessori per cantine. Accessori per l'enologia.

I'm looking at getting a CEM Miniblock 5-5-1 rinser, filler capper for my small production brewery. Priced a little better than a Maheen Merlin this has the option of having different sized bottles run through if one gets a change-out set of cogs, filler tubes and transport screw for handling bottles.

Has anyone on this discussion board used one?

Here's the brochure I was sent if anyone is curious.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Viniquip-CEM-brochure-Oct-2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	192986

Edit: here's a link to movie of our installed CEM filler in action:
    Last edited by kererubrewing; 11-28-2014, 10:41 AM.
    Regards,
    Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company
    http://kererubrewing.co.nz

Have never heard of this - but looks good. Let us know what you find out!

Comment

I'm placing an order for this unit today and will let you all know what it's like to commission and operate when it gets here in 5 months time.
      Regards,
      Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company

Comment

Seems like a cool machine. Interested in hearing how it works out. 5 months lead time is a bit crazy.

Comment

PM sent regarding the filler.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjohns5 View Post
            PM sent regarding the filler.
            Hi Kjjohns5.

I also have this filler at the top of my wish list and would appreciate any info you have

Cheers

Jon
            Badlands Brewery

Comment

I'll provide details when we get ours.
              Regards,
              Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company

Comment

This looks like an identical system:

Seems one has been sold to Lerwick Brewery, a Shetland start up. The IC Filling Systems site has a video of it in operation.
                Clarke Pelz
                Cynosure Brewing

Comment

Does anyone know if it can go faster than the 2.5 bpm that the video shows?

Comment

That video looks more like it's running at ~12bpm which works out to ~700bph. I'll let you know when I get mine set up and running.
                    Regards,
                    Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company

Comment

The video is a bit disjointed in order to get a clear shot of all cycles but there is no question the rinse cycle was 25 seconds. The entire cycle took 2 minutes for 5 bottles if it is continuous film. The bottles initially didn't look fobbed after the filling cycle going into the capper but did afterwards so I am wondering if there was a bottle knocker that I couldn't see? I look forward to seeing more and I hope there is representation in Washington.

Comment

I downloaded IC Filling Systems 2000 bph line layout (which theoretically answers my question but they are not listed directly as an exhibitor in Washington

Comment

Nifty... can't wait to hear a review

Comment

So, has anyone been able to evaluate this machine?

Comment

A friend has just ordered a minibloc 5-5-1 which is rated at 500 bph for a half liter bottle. The design above shows a linear setup but a U shaped line would allow 1 operator to do it all. At 8.3 bpm, 1 person can load and pack though you're output for 8 hours is still maxed at around 17 barrels (in a perfect world)

Comment

Working...
                              X