Colorado State #1 Draft Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado State #1 Draft Choice

I am currently finishing my studies at Colorado State University and will be graduating in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science with a minor in Horticulture. My studies in Food Science have been primarily focused on Brewing Science and Technology. Outside of the classroom I have labored as an intern for Odell Brewery in Ft Collins, Colorado learning about craft brewing from the ground up. With graduation fast approaching I am searching for a brewery that is looking for a man with a ‘thirst’ for working in an industry that appreciates hard work and commitment to quality.
    At Colorado State University, I had the opportunity of getting a good education in the physical sciences (biology, chemistry, microbiology, etc.) and plant sciences (horticulture, plant genetics, green house management, plant biotechnology, etc.). As a result of my enthusiasm for the art of brewing, I was selected my Senior year to be the Teaching Assistant for the Brewing Science class and was responsible for preparing the lab and students for their weekly practicum in fermentation science. I also had the great fortune of being able to work with my professors on a daily basis in a laboratory preparing various beer quality lab protocols throughout my Junior and Senior year.
    Colorado State University is fortunate to be located in Ft Collins, which has a great diversity of craft breweries. As part of our university training, we had the opportunity to visit some of the great companies which have made Colorado famous for craft brewing. I had the good fortune of meeting and learning from brewers from such companies as New Belgium, Odell Brewery, Oskar Blues, Fort Collins Brewery, Left Hand Brewery, Funkwerks, Equinox, Big Horn Brewery, Anheuser Busch, and Coors. Not only were we allowed to tour the various breweries but were also allowed to shadow the brewers from mashing in to knock-out. The academic experience within the class room combined with the opportunities to question Master Brewers has built a strong desire to pursue a career in brewing once I graduate from college later this May.
    I reassured myself of my goal while working at Odell Brewing Company. Being the second craft brewery to begin operations in Colorado in 1987, the company has established an outstanding reputation for their beer as well as an appropriate business strategy which allows them to continually expand. The company continues to be a leader in developing a beer culture in our State that is second to none. While working on their 50 bbl system (approximately 300 bbl/day, 7 days a week) I have learned the fundamentals of details to producing great beer consistently. While at the same time experimenting with their pilot system I was able to see the creative process of making something new. My work has included: inventorying and assessing raw materials, staging recipes, cleaning production equipment, sensory panels and analysis, along with brewing the beer and getting it out the door.
    While Colorado State University has provided me a great education I am looking forward to graduating and starting my career in the brewing trades. Odell Brewing Company has given me a great foundation and understanding in how craft breweries are run and the effort needed to be a success in this highly competitive industry. I have studied and trained hard to put myself in the best position to create a career working with others who appreciate the science and art of great beer. I look forward to speaking with your brewery on the possible opportunities of merging my skills and commitment with your desire to produce a quality beverage that you are proud to label as your own.

Until the next round,
    Andy Elliott
    Anelliott87@gmail.com
    720-530-5695
    Attached is my resume
    Attached Files

You look like a really good candidate are you willing to relocate?

Why yes I am willing to relocate.

Comment

Cicerone Certified Beer Server

It's official I am now a Certified Beer Server. What a great way to spend $69

Comment

So when you say you are willing to relocate would South America be in that range? hahha

Comment

Working...
        X