Who Wants To Brew In An Eastern Frontier? Help Us Teach China About Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants To Brew In An Eastern Frontier? Help Us Teach China About Beer

The Bad Monkey Brewery located in Yunnan, China is looking for a new head brewer.

The Bad Monkey Brewery has a 350 litre brew-house located in the foothills of the Himalayas in the historic town of Dali in the Yunnan Province of China. The brewery is 30 months old (after being opened by two guys from London, UK) and in that time we have discovered that craft beer excites Chinese people.

We are now looking to expand our business and take advantage of all the development work we have done since we became operational. We need to find an energized, hard working and self motivated brewer to join our team so that we can become the leading player in the craft brewing scene in China.

For the right candidate we will offer a competitive salary, housing and help them integrate into Chinese society so that they can enjoy all that this fast growing economic country has to offer.

We would like someone with a minimum 2 years commercial brewing experience (but we are willing to listen to any candidate) and knowledge including but not limited to:
    • Brewing ales and lagers
    • Ability to coordinate a production schedule
    • Recipe formulation
    • Able to train and retrain a team
    • Able to be the face of Bad Monkey Brewery and deal with media and customers

Our ideal candidate has to be able to:
    • Be able to lift 55 lbs to chest height
    • Be willing to work shifts at the bar from time to time; so as to speak to our customers and talk to them about our brewery.
    • Be confident in buying equipment as we expand the business.

China is a wonderful country and Dali is a famous tourist destination within China. This is not the West however; and there are certain cultural differences that you have to be aware of. China is a long way away from Western Europe and the US. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with us for a minimum of 18 months.

We will do our level best to make you feel at home, and part of the family that is Bad Monkey. If you are ready for an adventure and would like join us on our wild ride as we try to conquer this Eastern Frontier then please send your resume to:

classiccarpainter(at)yahoo.co.uk

Also please feel free to contact me if you just have a question or query too.

Please use the subject line: Probrewer Posting

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Carl Oakley
    Last edited by Neil Playfoot; 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM. Reason: changing email address

Were Are Still Looking

Just to let you know that we are still looking. We do
    have a few people we are talking to but if anyone
    is looking for an exciting opportunity and is available
    we would like to hear from you.

Comment

willing to relocate

Hello,

I would be willing to relocate to Yunnan. I currently reside in Shanghai, China and do home brewing and worked in Dr. Beer as an assistant brewer and looking to expand my knowledge of brewing as an assistant brewer in China.

Please feel free to email me at: Matthewsjimenez@gmail.com

Matt
      Matthew Jimenez

Comment

Hello guys,

can you confirm your mail address or you changed that meanwhile?

cheers

Comment

checking email

Sent an email.
          Matthew Jimenez

Comment

Working...
          X