Batch Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Testing

I am in the process of getting brewery insurance for our 4bbl Nano. Whalen is asking if we batch test our beers? She told me to Google "batch testing beer" for a better idea and I'm coming up short.

We were planning on assigning a batch number to each 4bbl batch and keeping track of that number thruout the process. Then on the keg collar putting that batch number.

We could even take a small sample and bottle it and label it for storage in case we had to provide a sample to someone later. Is that what shes referring to?

Or is she talking about us sending a sample of each batch brewed to some lab for analysis each time?

Any adivse on an easy QC procedure that would meet her requirements would really be appreciated.

She needs to tell you

You need to find out what she wants for testing. Without the information you will not know what they need from you. That was a bad move on her part she needs to do her job and give you the details on what is needed. If she will not give you the details then tell her that you test every batch and show her the glass you drink it from.
    Aron Levin
    St. Florian's Brewery
    Windsor CA 95492
    www.stfloriansbrewery.com
    www.facebook.com/stfloriansbrewery

Comment

I called her and she did not have specific parameters for me.

So I am just going to check yes on the box until she gives me a better idea of what shes talking about. Its looking like insurance for our sized operation is going to run about $1200.00 a year...

Comment

I have a detailed QC plan you can send her.

1. Decant beer into glass
        2. Drink beer
        3. Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X