No announcement yet.

Brew Pub Beer Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard multiple brewpub owners make the same argument. I know that the place we are opening will serve BMC on draft without advertising it in any way. We want to get everyone's business, not just a portion.

Comment

Well, good luck to y'all. I know the one Brewpub around here that served BMC along side of their beers just went under, primarily because they sold more BMC than their beer on site, and it wasn't that they made bad beer. Their demographic would never switch.

Hopefully in your area you know who your target is. If you feel that you have enough BMC drinkers that you absolutely have to have it on tap, and won't get them to try your lightest beer (Blonde, Cream, whatever) which you will also make the highest margin on, then you too may be in the wrong place.

Do your market research and run your numbers with and without macros. I'll bet you come out ahead in the long run without them.
      Cheers!

Jeff
      Carbondale Beer Works

Comment

Originally posted by BonedaleBeer View Post
        Well, good luck to y'all. I know the one Brewpub around here that served BMC along side of their beers just went under, primarily because they sold more BMC than their beer on site, and it wasn't that they made bad beer. Their demographic would never switch.

Hopefully in your area you know who your target is. If you feel that you have enough BMC drinkers that you absolutely have to have it on tap, and won't get them to try your lightest beer (Blonde, Cream, whatever) which you will also make the highest margin on, then you too may be in the wrong place.

Do your market research and run your numbers with and without macros. I'll bet you come out ahead in the long run without them.
        I think our vision is to start with them, and I mean very limited (maybe just 2 or 3 BMC beers). Then, after we're established in the community, pull them entirely.

Comment

Our model is using Bud Light in a kegerator, unmarked, unlabeled, and not shown on a menu. If someone asks for it, we plan to sell it in unmarked glasses along with a taster of our lightest beer. The BL will be priced higher than our lightest beer.

Comment

Working...
          X