Seeking information on bottilng or canning line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking information on bottilng or canning line

I am seeking information on a small canning or bottling line for a micro brewery. 2 - 3 bbl at best.

I have the following questions regarding a canning line.
    - I will be producing smaller runs of different beers rather than having lots of the same beer. I am sure this is somewhat a common practice for micro's. What are you using for cans? I have seen blank cans with labels during my research. What would I need to make this happen? It would take me some time to use up a the minumum order requirements for pre printed cans.

Bottling lines -
    I am looking for a simple four or two head bottling line with an auto capper. Can anyone lead me to a product line?

canning

The prohibitive part of canning is not the canning line, but the amount of cans that you have to buy per run. There are a few companies who make and label cans for you, but you have to buy a minimum amount (the least I have heard is 8 pallets). I heard you can buy blank cans in much smaller runs and you can shrink wrap them. I personally do not like the idea of shrink wrapping (if im going to can, I want to do it right). If you use a canning service you are still paying for the can run and labor in a per can cost. I found that it was slightly cheaper to buy everything (if you have room to store cans and equipment).

Comment

Working...
    X