On Demand Hot Water Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Demand Hot Water Heaters

Hey guys, does anyone know a good supplier for on demand hot water heaters? Looking for a system that would be capable of water temps of 170F+.
    Cheers!

Rinnai, from your local plumbing supplier.
    Nat West

Comment

Also recommend the Nortiz commercial line, again from a local supplier.
      Mark Thomas
      Vault Brewing

Comment

Yes, either of those brands, obtained from a plumbing professional, should be a good fit.

I personally would recommend going with Natural Gas/Propane as opposed to the electric versions.

Good luck!
        Kevin Shertz
        Chester River Brewing Company
        Chestertown, MD

Comment

Tankless Hot Water

Takagi makes higher BTU Tankless HW Heaters. Make sure you talk with a plumber, vent lines, gas lines are things you need to look at, most of the higher btu units take 1 1/2" gas lines and up! Another condisderation is incoming water temp and flow. I was just going to do one until I talked to my plumber and found out all the stuff I had to chage in order to make it work.

Rheem also make large btu tankless

Comment

We use a Nortz and it puts out 180 degree water.
            Aron Levin
            St. Florian's Brewery
            Windsor CA 95492
            www.stfloriansbrewery.com
            www.facebook.com/stfloriansbrewery

Comment

A tube and shell heat exchanger can do it for you, too...if you have excess steam.

Not to hijack the thread, but we were going to put on-demand gas water heaters in our distillery project, but we ended up going with a solar tube array, which is supplemented by steam when our supply is below temp. I was surprised how fast the steam was!

I have the solar set to 180. Getting all the settings right was a bit of a bummer, but it works well now! Tax credits and rebates for our area ended up exceeding the cost of the system :-D I only have to use the steam if I drained the res after sundown and I'm trying to use the HL early in the morning.

Might not be a great solution for every situation, but works a treat for our application!

Comment

What is your fuel source? Do you have steam? If so check these guys out...
                Offering thermal solutions to meet the needs of our industrial & sanitary customers. Heat exchangers, vapor condensers, industrial heaters, & tank heating.

I haven't used them yet, just found out about them, but looks promising. Shell and tube, specializing in sanitary applications.

I like the post re: solar thermal. It is excellent if your system is set up for storage and centralized distibution.

Comment

Working...
                X