Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a Budget, Brewer Hose Question

Hey everyone,

Does anyone out there use their tank to tank transfer hose for any CIP applications as well? Should we be looking at getting separate sections of hose for all our tank/keg cleaning purposes? Also, should we consider having more than one 1hp pump in our small 4Bbl brewpub? We were hoping to make due for the first little while with the one pump for all our transfers and CIP stuff.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers!

We definitely use transfer hoses for CIP. One piece of advice I'd throw out there to keep cost down is going with 1" ID brewers hose. I see lots of small breweries using 1.5" hose and it's overkill. 1" hose is easier to move and store as well.

cheers,

dave

Comment

Use good quality hose

Make sure you use good quality food grade hose though. PVC hose can't handle the heat and a non food grade rubber hose will start to breakdown and could impart taste and colour into your product.
      Your CPE Systems Team!
      CPE Systems Inc.
      800-668-2268
      CPEsystems.com
      Thinkpumps.com
      sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

I have one pump with a VFD and use it for everything. The VFD is from automation direct and cost about $200.

Comment

Pumps

Dave is correct a VFD can make the pump very versatile. Almost all of the pumps we sell go out with a VFD mounted right on the cart.
          Attached Files
          Your CPE Systems Team!
          CPE Systems Inc.
          800-668-2268
          CPEsystems.com
          Thinkpumps.com
          sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Hey Don, you wouldn't happen to know a good supplier for brewery hose in Canada? Or does anybody know one for that matter?

Comment

Suppliers

Don is a Canadian supplier for hose, pumps, and a ton of other stuff. He has some great deals. Check out his website. Another place to look, because they have AB offices and a wide assortment of other types of hose and fittings is New Line. http://www.new-line.com They're out of Surrey, BC.

I've had good dealings with them so far, and I'm about to place an order for fittings and tubing. Their prices are significantly better than the catalog.

Cheers,
              Michael

Comment

Working...
              X