Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese Tanks which purchases carry least risk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Tanks which purchases carry least risk?

Hello,

We are based in the UK and currently trying to work out where to source our equipment. We have found a manufacturer in the UK we would be happy to use but coming out a little too expensive. So we are thinking of buying some of the vessels from them and some from a chinese manufacturer possibly to save a little bit of money. We are looking at buying the copper and mash tun in the UK then deciding which tanks we could possibly save some money on by buying from China.

I think the best quality bit of kit should probably be the copper and mash tun so happy to spend a bit more on that. But for the other vessels i.e. Conical FV's, Hot/Cold Liquor tanks and CIP which ones would anyone suggest I get from China and which ones are likely to be the most risky buying from China? i.e. what kit seems to be the most troublesome from Chinese Manufacturers.

So it would be great if anyone who has bought vessels from China could offer there opinion on what tanks/equipment are least complicated and which tanks are least likely to have problems with them when buying from China? Also if anyone can recommend a Chinese manufacturer they have used that would be great.

In a nutshell we are looking at buying a good kit but maybe making a bit of a saving on a few vessels at the same time if that is possible.

Any ideas? Thank you for your replies in advance.

I don't know which UK suppliers you have tried, but I would have thought that you could get simple vessels from Microdat, Johnson Brewing, ABUK or Musks at competitive prices. At least then the supplier is comparatively local and you can specify exactly what you want and inspect what you are getting before it is shipped, and too late to rectify any problems.
    dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
      I don't know which UK suppliers you have tried, but I would have thought that you could get simple vessels from Microdat, Johnson Brewing, ABUK or Musks at competitive prices. At least then the supplier is comparatively local and you can specify exactly what you want and inspect what you are getting before it is shipped, and too late to rectify any problems.
      Thanks Dick, I am thinking of getting the copper and mash from a UK supplier but buying at least the FV's (maybe hot/cold liquor tanks too)from China possibly using 'Zhongde Equipment Co'. I have spoke to a couple of people in the UK about there kit and so far the reports are good on the FV's.

Whats peoples opinions on this approach? still risky but possibly worth it for the saving.

Comment

Hi

I have sent you a personal message. Please would you have a look and give me some sort of response, I am not worried what form that takes (obviously prefer non abusive !!)

Thanks
        dick

Comment

I have a few students who are executives in manufacturing firms in China. One of them is from the same town as Zhongde, and he knows a few managers there.

FWIW, I asked him his opinion about Zhongde brewing equipment, and he said Chinese firms don't purchase equipment that was made in China. At his company, all of their equipment is from Germany. He said that, of the breweries he's aware of, all of their equipment is from Germany as well. That seems very telling to me.

He also said their welders were as capable as any German or Japanese welders, and any problems with manufacturing are due to management making them cut corners. So it's possible you might luck out and get a great product, but it's also possible, if you're only buying a few fermentors, you're not paying them enough to care about you.

Before you buy from Zhongde, check with local SS welders to see how much it'll cost to re-weld the tanks, in case there are any problems. Also make sure you're factoring in any tariffs and shipping, as well as possible re-working that needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
          X