Monster Mill Gap setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Mill Gap setting

I just purchased a Monster Mill MM3-2.0. I was wondering what people with them set the gap on it at and how often do they have to reset the gap.

We set ours to .04 when we first got it. The thing is, after about 3 months the top loose roller started binding up constantly no matter where it is set, or how often we cleaned it.

If you will be milling all of your grain, I highly suggest buying something different. We are going to buy a Jimboney this week.

Comment

We set ours at .035". Slightly narrower for rye. We've never had a problem but I do know a few people that have had the same roller problem. They ended up replacing with a different brand.

Comment

Are you guys using the stainless steel rollers or the Hardend steel?

Comment

I have the hardened rollers. I figured I would run it often enough to not worry about rust.

Comment

eh - sorry, I have a Barley Crusher not a Monster Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH View Post
              I have the hardened rollers. I figured I would run it often enough to not worry about rust.
              Is it the 3 roller 2 inch diameter. If so what gap are you running on it?

Comment

Sorry, first chance I had to respond. Mine is the 3 roller 2". It is gapped at .045.

Comment

Tools

It would be helpful to get a feeler gauge, some good tools, maybe some machine lubricant, a floor level and a set of good sieves to really dial in the gap settings on a mill. You'll also want to be aware of any additional degradation of the husks post auger (if you're using one) and to the gate valve or slide that feeds into the rollers. These few simple things should help you.
                  Alex Postelnek, Lead Brewer
                  Funky Buddha Brewery
                  Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
                  (561) 945 - 4584
                  alex@funkybuddhabrewery.com

Comment

Originally posted by CraftBeerIndia View Post
                    It would be helpful to get a feeler gauge, some good tools, maybe some machine lubricant, a floor level and a set of good sieves to really dial in the gap settings on a mill. You'll also want to be aware of any additional degradation of the husks post auger (if you're using one) and to the gate valve or slide that feeds into the rollers. These few simple things should help you.
                    We will not have an auger. everything will be hand fed into the grain hopper in to a 50 Gal bin. I wish I had some sieves but something I can't afford at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by brewmaster 2011 View Post
                      We will not have an auger. everything will be hand fed into the grain hopper in to a 50 Gal bin. I wish I had some sieves but something I can't afford at this time.
                      Now that I have the mill Dialed in for Barley, was wondering where people set the the monster mill for Weyermann Pale Wheat?

Comment

Working...
                      X