Experienced Brewer needed for Delaware Brew Pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced Brewer needed for Delaware Brew Pub

We are a successful restaurant group in Rehoboth Beach, DE planning a brew pub concept to open in 2014 and we are looking for an experienced brewer to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in small and large scale brewing and is seeking an opportunity to grow with a young company. Interested?

Head brewer position

Head Brewer Position

To Whom It May Concern:

I read about the opening for a Head Brewer on probrewer.com with great interest.

I believe my skills would be in line with what your posting outlines. I have been brewing for a good bit of time and truly enjoy it. I have formulated many styles of both ales and lagers, and there are always new avenues to explore.

Hopefully you can take the time to review my attached resume.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration, and good luck in finding the right candidate for this position.

William Ehlert
    7506 Marbrett Dr.
    Richmond, VA 23225
    Phone: (804) 897-1920
    Email: wjehlert@gmail.com

W. J. Ehlert
    7506 Marbrett Dr. #201
    Richmond,VA 23225

Phone: (804)897-1920
    Email: wjehlert@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE·

To apply my skills and experience to a brewery that is committed to its customers and staff as well as a consistent, interesting, & exciting product.

PROFESSIONAL HISTORY

11/1999 – 01/2013 Extra Billy’s Smokehouse & Brewery
    Midlothian, VA

Helped to install 7 bbl.JVNW system and open brewery with 5 beers on tap (3 regulars and 2 Specialties). Responsible for all brewery operations including recipe formulation, sourcing and purchasing raw materials, as well as processing materials.
    As sole brewer my duties included, but were not limited to:
    · Recipe formulation (lagers and ales) and adjusting, product descriptions
    ·Brewing, monitoring fermentations, filtering (plate & frame), CIP on all vessels
    ·Carbonation, nitrogenation
    · Kegging for off-premise sales, tap line maintenance
    ·Staff training, brewery tours, state and federal tax preparations
    ·Contacted farmer to remove spent grain
    ·Also assisted restaurant operations as needed.

05/1997 – 06/1999 Strip Brewing Co.
    Pittsburgh PA

Assisted in installation of a custom 10 bbl. system, serving up to 12 beers on tap. On site through a good portion of general construction, assisted in kitchen development, bar design and setup.
    Duties included:
    ·Recipe formulation (ales and lagers), material ordering,
    ·Brewing, fermenting, filtration (DE), carbonation, and nitrogenation
    ·Product descriptions, staff training, brewery tours
    ·Keg cleaning, filling for off-premise sales, tap line cleaning
    ·State and federal tax preparations and some press interviews.

06/1990 – 10/1996 Buffalo Brewing Co.
    Lackawanna, NY

Started as helper assisting in the rebuilding of an imported 50 hl. German brewhouse, after which was offered the Assistant Brewer position which included brewing, monitoring fermentations, maintaining machinery including kegging machine and bottling line. Was then promoted to Head Brewer whose duties included state and federal tax preparation, scheduling, inventory control, material ordering, distributor interaction, and some press.

BREWING EDUCATION

Siebel Institute of Technology
    Chicago, IL

Brewing Microbiology and Microscopy (1997)

REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
    Bill Ehlert
    Head Brewer
    Marley's Brewery & Grille
    Bloomsburg, PA
    marleysbrew7@gmail.com

Comment

interested

Do you have an email I can send my resume to?

Comment

Interested Brewer

Originally posted by Futurebrew View Post
        We are a successful restaurant group in Rehoboth Beach, DE planning a brew pub concept to open in 2014 and we are looking for an experienced brewer to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in small and large scale brewing and is seeking an opportunity to grow with a young company. Interested?
        Do you have an email so that I may send you a cover letter and resume?

Comment

YES im interested...Do you have an email or phone number??? Im in Delaware!!

Originally posted by Futurebrew View Post
          Please allow us contact info.

Comment

Working...
          X