• Show
Clear All

Well made part

Click image for larger version

Name:	fob.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	190749

I had these made by a local machinist. They are identical to the plastic ones sold by GW Kent for 200 bucks but they are made out of indestructible aircraft aluminum and cost me 50 bucks each.

So there GW Kent

Comment

I'm in for two of them tomorrow. Tell me where to send the check.

Seriously. If you have someone who can make these. Tell us. I'm quite sure we could all put one of his kids through college with what he could make off of these...
      Scott LaFollette
      Fifty West Brewing Company
      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Promising Solution

Originally posted by zaphyodd42 View Post
        [ATTACH]25086[/ATTACH]

I had these made by a local machinist. They are identical to the plastic ones sold by GW Kent for 200 bucks but they are made out of indestructible aircraft aluminum and cost me 50 bucks each.

So there GW Kent

Zaphyodd42,
        Thanks for sharing! Looks like a promising replacement to short-lived FOB that GW offers. Please share the manufacturers info when you get a chance.

Also, thanks for replying with an actual solution to this discussion thread rather than let it become "how to fill a keg."

BK

Comment

Could these be added to the brewmagic head?

Bill Walden
          Oddball Brewing Co.
          Suncook, NH
          Bill Walden
          Oddball Brewing Co.
          Suncook, NH

Comment

Originally posted by bwalden234 View Post
            Could these be added to the brewmagic head?

Bill Walden
            Oddball Brewing Co.
            Suncook, NH

Yes, but you would also want to add a stainless wye like the one on the GW filler. Attach the stainless FOB to one side of the wye and stainless ball valve on the other. The ball valve will be used to "reset" the FOB by releasing pressure. It can also be used to top off the keg if needed.

Comment

Replacement GW Kent FOB

Click image for larger version

Name:	fobset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	190750

The bier line valve before the FOB is there so it will fit on a 1/6bbl keg.

I have good news and bad news on getting these made by my guy. I ordered 10 of them a while ago and since then none of them have broken or given me any trouble at all.

Bad news is that my guy has retired from working for this company and his first response to making more was that he could not.

I begged a little, he is a friend of a friend of mine, and now he says he's talking to the company about sneaking in there after hours and making some for me. If he is able to then I'll pass them along to anyone that might want a couple. As far as him going into business making whole bunches of these though, I'd say its unlikely at this point.

Why not check around where you live to see if you can dig someone up that can do this close to your brewery?

Comment

call this guy

I need dimensions for these. I have a machinist ready to make them.Please send me all information and i should have them ready for the public by mid august.

Comment

I have a guy

I need dimensions for these. I have a machinist ready to make them.Please send me all information and i should have them ready for the public by mid august.Screw GWKENT we can do this ourselves.
                  Last edited by mntnmn; 07-22-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Fob

Absolutley not kidding fellas. I need dimensions or to actually buy that Fob from you so ii can have more made.I have a machinist ready and willing and able right now!!!!

Get in Touch!!!

Comment

i'd buy a few

I'd buy a few of those off of someone too
                      Jeremy "Flounder" Lees
                      Owner
                      Flounder Brewing Co., LLC
                      Hillsborough, NJ

Comment

stainless

I'd buy them too, but could whoever makes them build them out of stainless? the one in the picture already looks like it is getting corroded from sanitizer..

just being picky...
                        Scott LaFollette
                        Fifty West Brewing Company
                        Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

We are looking for these as well.

Add us to the list of future buyers if anyone can produce these.

rhennosy@buckeyelakebrewery.com

Comment

Keg Filler Vent

Originally posted by mntnmn View Post
                            Just what i was looking for. Did not want to nave to build one myself and this will fill the need.
                            Please let me know if you would like to get a few - First one is $60 and the rest are $50, will ship in same box

Comment

fob

Originally posted by trevasja1 View Post
                              Please let me know if you would like to get a few - First one is $60 and the rest are $50, will ship in same box
                              Call me at the brewery today 304 258 3369 Ask for Mountain Man.I will buy 2.

Comment

I just received two proline filler's w/fob that had been on back order since March!!! Looks like they've ditched the plastic and went with a stainless fob that has a sight glass. Looked and the new item is up on the site with a new price too, good thing they charged me the old price. http://www.gwkent.com/proline-ii-keg-filler.html
                                Gregg Piechota
                                Four Mile Brewing
                                Olean, NY

Comment

Working...
                                X