Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of competitions around the US/world

Hey,

In light of the GABF filling up so fast, I had a question...

We are a young brewery hungry for medals/competition and were wondering if there was any comprehensive list around on the web somewhere that kept track of all the large and semi-large regional competitions out there. I've searched here, google and BA to no avail. Anybody have their finger on a list or anything?

Cheers

el

there is world beer cup in Denver next year.

Comment

Or we could start a list...

Maybe if the members on the forum pitch in, we could come up with our own list. if everyone lists comps within their region, we might be able to get a decent list going.

Competition wise, I'll talk from my region - Australia. The Australian International Beer Awards is held in Melbourne every May. Great competition, very tough.
      Steve & Steph
      Two Brewers Abroad

E- gday@twobrewersabroad
      W- twobrewersabroad.com

Comment

There's the Great International Beer Fest (GIBF) that's held in Providence in the fall. There's a competition and a festival. I've never sent beer to that one, but I don't think it's that pricey. I think the Brewing News or Ale Street News is heavily involved in that one.

There's also the North American Beer Awards (NABA) in Boise. I've sent beer and it's pretty affordable. They do have a festival but since I'm in New York I only sent beer for judging. I joined that one mostly because some brewers I respect participated in the judging and also sent their beer for the competition. I believe it's usually in April.
        Hutch Kugeman
        Head Brewer
        Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
        Hyde Park, NY

Comment

Competition list

I found comprehensive list of competions somewhere a few years ago, I think it was on the AHA website. Ill have to go find it again and try to post it here on the forums. I'm surprized probrewer doesn't have a section for this, as it is such a big part of the brewing community and there are so many of them.
          Sleiche!
          Bill
          Busted knuckles Brewing Co.

Comment

link

http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...s/competitions
            Found it. It's a pretty complete list of competions, when, where, and costs. Hope this helps.
            Sleiche!
            Bill

Comment

Try searching "international beer awards".
              Enough there to get you started.

Comment

Virginia Craft Brewers Guild may be a good resource... I don't see anything listed at the moment on their site, but no doubt they'd know if there's a state-wide event at the very least.
                Kevin Shertz
                Chester River Brewing Company
                Chestertown, MD

Comment

Start reading the trades. They always advertise all of the competitions.

Comment

I recommend both the Great International Beer Competition held at the Great International Beer Festival in providence in November. Its judged by professional brewers and beer writers. Also, the United States Beer Tasting Competition does a summer and winter competition and they're both free to enter, you just need to ship your beer to their competition sites.

http://www.usbtc.com/page1.php

http://www.beerfestamerica.com/competition/
                    Cheers,
                    Mike Roy
                    Brewmaster
                    Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
                    5123 Baltimore Ave
                    Hyattsville,MD 20781
                    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
                    @franklinsbrwry
                    facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

Originally posted by kugeman View Post
                      There's also the North American Beer Awards (NABA) in Boise. .
                      NABA is the 2nd biggest competition in the US, third if you count the world beer cup. Its well judged and worthwhile. PS- its actually in Idaho Falls ID.
                      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                      "Your results may vary"

Comment

Good starting list, guys. Thanks for all the info.

Cheers!

Comment

another site to look at

http://www.beerfestivals.org is another site to check out.
                          Sleiche!
                          Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X