BLM Draught Cleaning System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM Draught Cleaning System

Is anyone currently running the Perlick Beer Line Maintenance system or an analogous audio transponder-based growth suppressor on their draught lines? They price everything so that I'd save more than a few grand adopting it, but it's new enough technology that I've never worked with it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Chris

BLM Technology continues with BLM-Q

Chris

Just to let you know the BLM technology more a notched further ahead with the introduction of our new model the BLM-Q.

Please visit our website www.bioqtech.com to see all the latest news about our new model and please do not hesitate
    to contact me for any further information.

David Middleton
    President/ CEO

BIOQTECH USA

Comment

This is an odd technology in that it is difficult to get a lot of feedback due to the relatively new technology. I will say I ran BLMs in a brewpub I used to work at. The old lines were disgusting and I replaced them as soon as I could manage and also brought the BLM system on board with the new lines. So its hard to say how well it worked since I installed new lines and religiously cleaned them along with the implementation of the BLM. I pretty much settled on a 3 week cleaning regimen which is excessive according to BLM literature. That being said, when I replaced the whole system again 6 years down the road(in order to add more lines and optimize setup) the barrier tubing on the main lines were pretty much spotless. I did have a bit of beer stone build up on the vinyl 3/16 choker lines and some of the stainless draft tower choker. We do have extremely hard water where I am. Just my experience dont know myself what to make of it. One thing I do know is that the Micromatic install of my new draft lines was night and day better than the previous job. Micromatic was meticulous and extremely helpful and open about why they did what they did. Scott Zheuse in particular volunteered his time and helped with the nuts and bolts install free of charge. Watching him work was inspiring as he did things I had never seen and was right on top of every issue. He also came in later to make sure everything was working properly. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly.

Comment

Working...
      X