Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown LOE vs. Crown Super End Can Lids

Hey there,
    We need to decide if we are going to order Crown's standard LOE lids or their special Super Ends for our new cans. This is important as there are different parts required on our canning line depending on which end we choose. The Super End uses slightly less aluminum and is a little cheaper, but i havn't seen a lot of breweries using them. If we go with the Super End we also have the potential to do the 360 lids if we choose to eventually. The LOE's are the standard can tops. Any yays or nays for either end?

Cheers!
    Zach
    Sanitas Brewing Co.

although i can't answer your original question i will add that you should make sure that your state's litter laws will allow the 360 lid. when i first saw that lid i began to drool as it eliminates my big issues with cans and almost makes me want to start canning. Then I found out that they violate litter laws in something like 30+ states. not sure where that issue stands right now but you may want to check into it...
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

360 Lid

I hear ya on the 360. We are aware of the limitations of that end. We honestly look at that as a secondary option and are more interested in the standerd Super End. The accessibility to the 360 is just a bonus should we decide we want to use it some day. I'm not exactly sure about the legality of the 360 in Colorado, but if did do a run of them, it would likely just be for a festival or event on our brewery grounds.

Comment

From a quality standpoint you are better off with the standard LOE end. The "super" ends will give you some ugly seams and seam that will make it difficult to analyze seams. They will make it more difficult to run quality, non leaking seams cans. With the standard, older end your seams will be much easier to evaluate and it will be easier to tell when you have a seam problem and to determine the correct adjustment.

Comment

look into cdl ends

we use CDL ends and they can be purchased in less than a pallet load, by the sleeve if you want. Like the other ends you will need the center chuck that fits the them and the company we bought them from provides one with your first order.

Comment

Originally posted by gcbeer View Post
            we use CDL ends and they can be purchased in less than a pallet load, by the sleeve if you want. Like the other ends you will need the center chuck that fits the them and the company we bought them from provides one with your first order.
            I'm wondering if you can tell me where you can buy less than pallet quantities of ends?

Comment

Working...
            X