Help Identify This Connection Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify This Connection Size

I am trying to find what size fitting is in the attached picture. The flange O.D. is about 1.6". The pipe I.D. is about 1.12". The other end of this pipe is connected to a pump outlet with the same size connection. The pump inlet is a standard 1.5" tri clamp. The machine/pipe is from a chinese manufacturer. I am trying to bypass this pump/pipe so I need to figure out what this fitting size is to get the right adapter to go from a standard 1.5" TC to whatever it is.

Thanks
    MattClick image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-24 10.20.13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	193221

I couldn't find a metric or DIN size triclamp that meets your dimensions...I suspect it is a (relatively rare) 1" maxi size clamp. Most of the 1" clamps we use are the Ladish type, that is compatible with the 1.5" tc flange. But there is a maxi style tc as well. I think parts are available from GVC.

Personally, I'd chop it off and weld on something standard. I do that a lot when I'm faced with weird DIN fittings...

hope that helps :-S

Nat

Comment

Nat, just spoke with someone at GVC. She said the size does not match up with the maxi. She does not know what it is. Not DIN or ISO either.

Comment

I also struck out with BreweryGaskets.com.

Looks like I will just have to cut it off and have someone weld on a standard fitting.

Comment

Weird!

can I have it after you cut it off?

Comment

If I cut it off, sure. Right now I am thinking of just grinding a 1.5" TC fitting down a bit and trying to clamp it.

Comment

Originally posted by Natrat View Post
              Weird!

can I have it after you cut it off?
              I ended up having a machine shop grind a 1.5" tri-clamp to male NPT adapter down to the right size and it fits just fine.

Comment

Glad you got it sussed!

I have a little museum of bits and fittings like that. My favorite is a DIN fitting made to a custom thread by some enterprising Chinese machinist. The threads on that are bizarre!

:-)

Nat

Comment

Originally posted by DowneastCider View Post
                  I am trying to find what size fitting is in the attached picture. The flange O.D. is about 1.6". The pipe I.D. is about 1.12". The other end of this pipe is connected to a pump outlet with the same size connection. The pump inlet is a standard 1.5" tri clamp. The machine/pipe is from a chinese manufacturer. I am trying to bypass this pump/pipe so I need to figure out what this fitting size is to get the right adapter to go from a standard 1.5" TC to whatever it is.

Thanks
                  Matt[ATTACH]11785[/ATTACH]
                  Might be 28mm. I have a few myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X