Feasibility Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feasibility Study

I've been working on my business plan and sales projections for a while now. I've done most of my research on the internet and subscribe to "The New Brewer". The numbers I've put together look good but they are based on sales for other breweries. Primarily info available from the May/June Issue of New Brewer. I've gotten to the point where I think I need to put real data from specific markets to my projections. Which is basically the question: "How likely is it that I can acheive x BBL sales" per month/year.

I think I'll need to get a Feasibility study done. I've tried looking up the information, but never seem to get any real numbers. Feasibility studies run about $850 - $1000.

Any recommendations? Should I definitely get one, or not? If so, are there any companies out there that your would recommend.

BTW I'm looking at the Everett/Mukilteo WA market.

Thank you,

This site has been a great resource for me.

...cheap insurance

YES!!!! Best $1000 you will spend. Remember the golden rule: Location, location, location. And not the location you think is great, hire a reputable expert (with reference), pay for the study and trust what your told. I can't tell you how many times i've seen someone buy a study, and then ignore the data....as they say in rock and roll "The tape don't lie"....

good luck
    Larry Horwitz

Comment

Ask around

I've found that if you ask other breweries and brewpubs in the state, they are quite willing to help out with whatever information they have. Find a brewery in a similar area, with similar traffic and find out what they did in their first year. If it seems low or high, figure out why. Did they have production limitations, good marketing, etc. I've found that the brewers and owners both are excited to help out a new project.

Good luck,
      Ray
      Ray Sherwood
      Sherwood Brewing Company
      Shelby Township, MI
      f.586.532.9337

Comment

Working...
      X