Serving directly from brite tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving directly from brite tanks

We are in the process of buying draught equipment to serve directly from our 7bbl brite tanks.

We have 5 brites with a 1 1/2 TC beer out 1/2"FPT and I've never had to hook anything like this before. We will serve out of 4 of the brites and use the 5th tank to keep up with any production issues. The 4 brites will be going to 8 taps about 30 ft away.

Any advice on the type of fittings or a recommended drawing of running glycol lines to draught tower would be appreciated. Below is a rough diagram of what I would like to run.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rough_Diagram-01.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	193241

Thank you.

Chris Weingart
    Blackwater Draw Brewing Co.
    College Station, Texas
    drinkerx@blackwaterbrew.com

Hello,

In our brewpub we have six 7 bbl serving tanks hooked directly up to the bar taps. The tanks are in a cold room at about 45 F. 1.5 inch TC fittings on the tanks going to 3/8 inch tubing which go into a trunk line which then runs under the floor about 30 feet to the taps. The trunk line is well insulated with 2 glycol lines running inside (one line to the taps and one return line). We use a nitro/CO2 blend (35/65) to push the beer. This gas blend plus the 22-25 pounds of pressure on the tanks maintains the CO2 at around 2.5 - 2.6 volumes.

The whole system has worked well for us for 15 + years.

Comment

Thank you for the input. Unfortunately we won't have a cold room but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to run the glycol all the way to the TC fitting.

Comment

Check out the trunk lines at Foxx equipment or Micromatic. You want one with 4 beer lines and 2 glycol. I suggest you call their customer service and talk to a real person so you can be sure you are getting the things you need. Just tell them your situation and they can help you work through it.
        Troy Robinson
        Quirk Brewing
        Walla Walla

Comment

Working...
        X