Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler / Glycol Install Help

Hello Everybody,

We are getting these crazy high quotes for Boiler install and for Glycol Install. What I am wondering is typical install time for these units and what is a fair price for good quality work.

Columbia mph70 - 25 days work - 40K
    Glycol 10 Ton - 14 days work - 20K - 10 vessels

Do these seem unreasonable and does anyone have suggestions for people to work with in the Southeast? We are in NW FL.

Thanks!

I just went through something similar. Crazy high quotes.

I only had a 150,000 BTU gas fired hot water boiler, so a bit different.

On the glycol side, what does that include? Pumps? Electrical? Control system? Just piping?

Comment

Depends largely on your layout - how far is equipment from application - does it include insulating pipes, all traps, controls, valves, steam traps, etc???

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Unfortunately, with the boiler you are stuck using a contractor with all the proper mechanical licenses. I'm not sure what size boiler that is, but in my experience it's always steep on boilers. 25 days work seems pretty high though. Are there special issues running your piping or something?

With glycol, you could run a lot of it yourself and save money. Since it is not hooked up to the city water, it probably won't be inspected by the plumbing inspector. Run it by your plumbing contractor that you want to do it yourself. They will probably be relieved.

Originally posted by happychild View Post
        Hello Everybody,

We are getting these crazy high quotes for Boiler install and for Glycol Install. What I am wondering is typical install time for these units and what is a fair price for good quality work.

Columbia mph70 - 25 days work - 40K
        Glycol 10 Ton - 14 days work - 20K - 10 vessels

Do these seem unreasonable and does anyone have suggestions for people to work with in the Southeast? We are in NW FL.

Thanks!
        Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Yep. Like pervious posts have mentioned about extras... But these numbers seem very high. We had our plumber do the glycol and hvac guy do the steam. Cost no more then time and materials. $4000.

Comment

More info...

Glycol includes full install... pumps, electrical, piping and controls. Boiler is full install as well and is right next to the BH. Gas meter is within 20' with 3 elbows. Glycol is within 10' of CLT and Cellar is about 50' of pipe distance up wall and across ceiling. 9 Vessels to be piped. No special issues with running pipe on either unit.

Thanks again everybody for the input.

Comment

Working...
            X