Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping of Tanks

Hello All,

Have some used tanks that I'm looking to ship from CO back to Western NY. Looking for recommendations for a shipping company to use. Anybody have a company that was GREAT in meeting all of their tank moving needs?

Let me know,

Cheers,
    Dave
    David Schlosser
    Brewmaster / Founder
    Naked Dove Brewing Company
    Canandaigua, NY

Bump.

Cheers,
    Dave
    David Schlosser
    Brewmaster / Founder
    Naked Dove Brewing Company
    Canandaigua, NY

Comment

Hey Dave. I went through some corporate connections i had in another life to ship my brewing equipment from CO to Syracuse, and it was an absolute nightmare. We ended up shipping with Yellow and it was a huge mistake even though they had all the right numbers and safety records and approved the packaging of my tanks. Two of them arrived smashed. On one they clear knocked off the bottom valve (maybe a fork truck tine collision) and the other one was smushed from the top. It was a sad day, but at least they made it incredibly difficult to get the insurance money on it.

Anyways, I'd recommend finding a local mom and pop shipping company and commission someone form their fleet. I have no idea if this is anything close to industry standard and it for sure isn't the cheapest, but it would carry the highest amount of accountability for your tanks.

I would assume you're purchasing from a private party, I'd ask who they used to get it to CO. Alternatively find a company in CO that ships these things regularly and see who they use.

For a point of reference shipping with Yellow was $1400, of course this was three years ago.

Also, quick fan boy shout out, your porter is excellent. I have to get down to your facility at some point.

Cheers,

Rockney

Comment

We bought some equipment in Vermont and tried desperately to find a shipper to get it to us in Colorado. We ended up putting a friend on a plane and had him rent a moving truck because quotes were 5-10k with absolutely no commitment to timeline.
        Looking back, I'm glad we did it that way so we had someone looking over the safety of the equipment.

Comment

What size are the tanks, how many and what kind of timeline are you looking for? I have a guy that has always been competitive with his pricing if you are talking a box truck. If your tanks are large then flatbed would be the way to go.

Comment

I recently used Access America Transport to ship 4 x 60 bbl tanks on a lowboy flatbed. About 5k from CA to MA. The brewery I bought the tanks from loaded the tanks. I unloaded them. Only complaint was they did not use a tarp when I specifically asked for one (the front tank had a nice coating of bugs). Other thank that, they would good. A few other quotes came in just a bit higher.

Comment

Tank and equipment shipping

Hi Folks, we're new supporters of the Probrewer Community.
              I wanted to introduce our business, Brewing Transport, and let you know we specialize in the shipping of tanks and misc. brewing equipment of all shapes and sizes.
              We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding getting your equipment on the truck and safely from point A to point B.
              Visit our website www.brewingtransport.com for more info.
              You can email us at brewingtransport@gmail.com or call 508-377-4100.
              We're listed on Probrewer Allied Trade Directory ( https://www.probrewer.com/companies/...transport-llc/ ) and we have shipped for hundreds of breweries.
              Thank you.
              Jeff @ Brewing Transport LLC

Comment

Working...
              X